ANSYS Mechanical – Basic Structural Nonlinearities
Whitworth House, 28 Charles Street
- 22nd January 2019 - 23rd January 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 22nd October 2019 - 23rd October 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
ANSYS Mechanical Basic Structural Nonlinearities is a training course for engineers that need to perform structural nonlinear analyses using ANSYS Structural Mechanics products.
After completing the course, students should be able to perform, in ANSYS Mechanical, a nonlinear structural analysis.
- A technical education and background is recommended but an engineering degree is not required.
- Completion of the ANSYS Mechanical Introduction course.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for users who have taken the ANSYS Mechanical – Introduction course and who are already familiar with the procedures for performing a linear static analysis in ANSYS.
The course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm.
£790, including lunch and refreshments.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 161 474 6886
- Email us at email@example.com
The course introduces the nonlinear solution procedure and covers how to setup a structural nonlinear analysis, define nonlinear solution options, and review the nonlinear results. Advanced contact analysis procedures are discussed for simulating contact between two or more solid bodies. In addition, metal plasticity, hyperelasticity (including curve-fitting tools to help translate experimental data to strain energy density function coefficients), how to diagnose non-convergence problems, and how to interface with ANSYS are also covered in the training course.
Course Topics Include:
- Nonlinear Overview and Procedure
- Restarts and Nonlinear Controls
- Nonlinear Contact
- Rate Independent Plasticity
- Buckling Analysis and Linear Perturbation
- Nonlinear Diagnostics
- Mesh Nonlinear Adaptivity
Each course chapter is followed by “hands-on” workshops and exercises.