Independent of any design house or equipment supplier, we can provide the impartial perspective of a neutral consultant when required by standards or regulations. Many of our engineers have been formally approved by companies such as HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP & SIL Assessment chairpersons and as FSA & PHSER assessors.
Our dedicated safety team has specialist knowledge of general and industry-specific requirements, including:
- Health And Safety At Work Act (HASAWA)
- Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations (COMAH)
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Control Of Hazardous Materials Act (COHMA)
- Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulation (DSEAR)
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment (PUWER)
- Offshore Safety Case Regulations (SCR)
- European Machinery Directive / Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations
We provide chairpersons, facilitators and scribes to undertake qualitative and quantitative risk assessment studies in the UK and across the world. We have international safety clients in South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, Algeria, United Arab Emirates and other countries.
For Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), we use a range of techniques including Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Event Tree Analysis (ETA), HAZOP, LOPA and FMEA.
For over 20 years, we have undertaken numerous HAZOP, LOPA PHSER and related studies. Recent projects include:
- HAZOP and LOPA for new design of pipeline equipment
- HAZOP for floating production storage offload (FPSO) vessel
- HAZOP & LOPA for combined power and steam generation facility
- HAZOP for process plant for synthetic rubbers
- HAZID for combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power station
- HAZOP for oil terminals
- Operational safety assessments on winches, including expert witness
- Chairperson for technical safety and integrity work for LNG project
- Safety study and compilation of risk register for compressor station
- Safety file compilation for embedded power generation units
- Hazard analysis on automotive electronic sensing systems
- System Safety Analysis (SSA) for Airbus aircraft control system and maintenance components
Many projects also include SIL assessment and verification through our Functional Safety capabilities.
In addition to consulting, we run a range of standard & customised training courses covering varied aspects of technical safety and supporting techniques such as HAZOP, FTA and FMEA.