The Industry Standard for Life Data Analysis
Ensure reliability, forecast warranty, and accelerate tests and reliability growth planning with ReliaSoft Weibull++.
Supporting all data types and all commonly used product lifetime distributions, Weibull++ includes tools for related reliability analyses, such as warranty data analysis, degradation data analysis, non-parametric data analysis, recurrent event data analysis, reliability test design and experiment design and analysis (DOE). Flexible reporting enables you to make decisions quickly based on analysis results.
Weibull++ can be extended to include Accelerated Life Testing (ALTA) and Reliability Growth Analysis (RGA).
Why Use ReliaSoft Weibull++?
Use data-driven analysis to address today’s demanding performance specifications
Make predictions about performance during the useful life (or warranty) period. Compare suppliers or designs based on reliability. Use plots and other reports to effectively communicate performance estimates to management.
Support decisions with life data analysis results
Easily input multiple types of life data, and use all major lifetime distributions to get results quicker with flexible plots and reports.
Predict future failures and detect outliers
Automatically perform analyses with the Weibull++ warranty analysis folio. Enter data in four different formats to find the answers you need.
Gain deeper insights with design of experiments
Find the answers you need with a variety of experiment design types, such as DOE.
Ensure reliability within a specific time frame and confidence
Demonstrate that your product’s reliability goals are met. Design effective reliability and demonstration tests with appropriate sample size, test duration, and more.
Extrapolate failure times based on performance
Perform degradation data analysis and destructive degradation analysis with a variety of available models fit for your unique projects.
Analyze system reliability with complex competing failure modes
Create reliability block diagrams (RBDs), and link analyses to model your unique scenarios.
Introducing ReliaSoft 2022
ReliaSoft 2022 is designed to make your reliability analyses more effective and improve your productivity with streamlined user experience. Enhancements include the ease of designing reliability demonstration tests using ReliaSoft Weibull++.
How to Interpret Reliability Metrics
Reliability metrics can be confusing for those starting out in the field of reliability engineering as it can often be difficult to relate the numbers and graphs back to the real world.
We explain what the metrics are and show how they can be read from typical reliability curves.
Life data types, distributions and parameter estimation
Supports all types of life data analysis with multiple parameter estimation options and all major lifetime distributions.
Weibull++ supports all types of life data analysis, including:
- Complete (failure time)
- Right censored (suspension time)
- Left censored
- Interval censored
Parameter estimation options for standard life data analysis include:
- Rank Regression on X (RRX)
- Rank Regression on Y (RRY)
- Maximum Likelihood Estimation (MLE)
- Non-Linear Rank Regression
- Fractional Failure Analysis
All major lifetime distributions (including all forms of the Weibull distribution) are also supported:
- Normal and Lognormal
- Gamma and Generalized Gamma
- Logistic and Loglogistic
- Mixed Weibull
- Competing Failure Modes (CFM)
Distribution Wizard and Ranking Methods
Model guidance including goodness-of-fit tests
If you are not sure which model is appropriate for a given data set, the convenient Distribution Wizard automatically performs several types of goodness-of-fit tests (Kolmogorov-Smirnov, Correlation Coefficient, Likelihood value) in order to rank the available distributions.
The tool also comes with the ability to rank data points using Kaplan-Meier or Median Ranks.
Provides confidence bounds for parameters, calculated results and plots
Depending on the specific analysis method used, the confidence bounds may be calculated using the Fisher Matrix, Likelihood Ratio, Beta Binomial or Bayesian (BSN) approach.
Reliability Test Design
Determines the appropriate sample size, test duration or other variables for designing effective reliability tests and demonstration tests
Expected failure times plot displays times-to-failure that you may expect to observe for a given reliability life test.
Difference detection matrix allows you to detect the difference between the reliabilities of two separate designs.
Warranty Data Analysis
Choice of data entry formats available for using sales/returns data to perform life data analysis and make warranty projections
Options include nevada chart, times-to-failure, dates of failure and usage (e.g., mileage, cycles, etc.) as well as time.
Degradation Data Analysis
Extrapolate the failure times of a product based on its performance (degradation) over a period of time
Use the linear, exponential, power, logarithmic, Gompertz or Lloyd-Lipow models to extrapolate the failure times of a product based on its performance (degradation) over a period of time. Weibull++ also includes destructive degradation analysis and the option to create user-defined degradation models.
Design Of Experiments (DOE)
Supports a variety of experiment design types, including factorial and fractional designs.
Options include Taguchi robust designs, response surface method designs and DOE based on product life (Reliability DOE).
Reliability Block Diagrams
Create reliability block diagrams (RBDs) using blocks that are linked to analyzed Weibull++ folios
The built-in diagram feature can be used to analyze complex competing failure modes or simple system reliability. You can even send RBDs built in Weibull++ to BlockSim. This process exports the blocks into a new BlockSim simulation diagram, allowing you to perform further analyses such as system maintainability, availability and related analyses.
Life Data Results, Plots and Results
Complete array of calculated results and plots based on the analysis.
A Quick Calculation Pad (QCP) is a “Calculation Log” that allows you to record the results from a series of different calculations and then copy/paste the information as needed.
For life data analysis results and plots include:
- Reliability or probability of failure
- Conditional reliability or conditional probability of failure
- Reliable life (i.e., time for a given reliability, also called “warranty time”)
- BX% life (i.e., time for a given unreliability)
- Mean life
- Failure rate
- Probability plots and pdf plots
- Contour plots
- Failure/suspension histograms, pie charts or timelines
A custom reporting tool seamlessly integrates spreadsheet and word processing capabilities while enabling you to include calculated results and plots from your analysis.
Further Analysis and Calculations
Additional functionality to maximize return on investment.
- Repairable System Analysis: Use the General Renewal Process (GRP) model or the Mean Cumulative Function (MCF) to analyze recurrent event data.
- Non-Parametric Life Data Analysis: Use Kaplan-Meier, Simple Actuarial or Standard Actuarial techniques when analyzing incomplete data that does not fit any life distribution in a satisfactory way.
- Event Log Folio: Use the specialized Event Log Folio to convert system failure and repair data into times-to-failure and times-to-repair.
- Monte Carlo simulation: Automatically perform analyses on simulated data sets in order to investigate confidence bounds, testing scenarios and help solve many other reliability engineering questions.
- Optimum replacement time calculation: The ability to calculate the optimum replacement time provides a powerful opportunity to reduce a system’s maintenance costs while maximizing uptime. The new Maintenance Planning Tool generates a cost vs. time plot designed to help you determine the most cost-effective time to replace a system’s worn or failed components. The tool also offers an option to create preventive and/or inspection tasks for use in BlockSim simulation diagrams.
- Non-Linear Equation Fit Solver: Estimates the parameters of any user-defined non-linear equation. This gives you the flexibility to perform simple parameter estimation on statistical models other than the life distributions and life-stress relationship models available in standard folios. After you have solved the equation, the tool provides a plot to visualize how the data fit the function, and also makes it easy to calculate Y for any given X value.
- Non-Linear Equation Root Finder: Quickly solves for the root of any user-defined non-linear equation. This helps you eliminate some of the guesswork of solving for the value of the unknown variable that makes the function be as close to zero as possible.
- Quick Parameter Estimator: Estimates the parameters of a statistical model based on what you know about the behavior over time. The software will “translate” your answers into the inputs required to obtain the model parameters.
- Quick Statistical Reference: Frees you from tedious lookups in tables by quickly returning results for commonly used statistical functions. Results include Median Ranks, Chi-Squared Values, Cumulative Binomial Probability, and many more. There is also a Polynomial Interpolation Function that allows you to enter known data points and then calculate Y for any given X value.
Availability, Reliability & Maintainability for Defence Standards Webinar Series | Session 1: Implementing Reliability Software to support the Defence Industry
Availability, Reliability & Maintainability for Defence Standards Webinar Series | Session 3: Beyond DEF-STAN Requirements
Availability, Reliability & Maintainability for Defence Standards Webinar Series | Session 2: Conforming to DEF-STAN ARM Requirements
Webinar: Design for Reliability – How to Set Reliability Targets Using ReliaSoft Software
Testimonial Video: ReliaSoft Success Story Effectively Presenting Accelerated Life Test Results
Testimonial Video: ReliaSoft Success Story Analysing Failure Data to Reduce Test Times
Webinar: ReliaSoft Weibull++: Using Warranty Data Analysis for Making Business Decisions
Webinar Video: Understand Product Performance with Life Data Analysis using Weibull
How Can ReliaSoft Weibull++ Help Your Reliability Activities?
Our combined software, training and consulting solutions enable you to develop your reliability engineering capabilities within your business efficiently and effectively, with expert support and mentoring from our experienced technical services team.
For more information or to arrange an informal, no-obligation discussion on your requirements, please complete the form opposite or contact us using the details below.