ANSYS delivers a comprehensive motor design methodology that will reduce design cost and optimize size, noise, efficiency and durability.
The ANSYS motor design solution delivers robust electromagnetic, thermal and mechanical analyses, combined with power electronic circuit simulation and embedded software tools to analyze the complete motor-driven system.
Whether designing an electric motor for an electric vehicle that needs to be small, efficient and quiet, or for an industrial application where size and sound are not of major concern, it is critical to simulate electric motors early in the design process. Ansys offers a complete workflow that progresses from design sizing options to detailed electromagnetics and thermal and mechanical analyses of the motor. Coupled electromagnetic-thermal-stress-and vibro-acoustics simulation of the motor using Ansys tools results in a high-fidelity, accurate and robust design that is optimized for performance, cost and efficiency.
Ansys simulates all stages of the motor design process including:
- Template-based design, motor sizing with rapid multiphysics analysis on full operating range
- 2D Finite Element and 3D Finite Element Electromagnetic analysis
- Thermal management with system cooling optimization
- Robust design with Noise-Vibration reduction
- System-level simulation (HiL/SiL/MiL) using high fidelity electro-thermal motor modelling