Process optimisation consulting projects have included:
- Investigation of cold forming die failures
- Prediction of distortion of hot forged railway wheels during cooling
- Formability assessment of automotive deep drawn panels
- Optimisation of 3D shearing operations in the aerospace industry
- Determination of spring-back during dishing processes
Our project work also includes structural assessment and optimisation of heavy duty equipment, including forming presses, shears and furnaces. In addition to consulting, we have supplied Ansys FEA software and training to major equipment manufacturers.
CFD software is used when the forming material essentially behaves as fluid during manufacture such as during welding or casting. It is also ideal to assess air or water flows around components during heat treatment and cooling, furnace performance and help solve large-scale fluid transport issues within process plant.
For clients looking to reduce the cost and downtime of manufacturing operations, our Reliability capabilities can hep determine optimum maintenance strategies for availability and quality, including the capture of plant-specific failure data and generation of well-defined maintenance plans.
As a complementary service, our Safety team can provide hazard analysis services, including HAZOP and SIL assessments, in addition to guidance on systems alarm management.
We are 2nd tier members of the Advanced Forming Research Centre.