ANSYS electromagnetic field, circuit, systems and multiphysics simulation solutions address a broad array of industry applications to accurately predict electromagnetic fields and currents, together with associated thermal and structural responses.
Two broad application areas for electromagnetics/electronics simulation are:
- Electromechanical: Electric motors and generators, transformers, bus bars, relays, solenoids, power electronics, MEMS and magnet design
- High-speed and High-frequency RF/microwave Components: On-chip embedded passives, IC packages, PCB interconnects, antennas, RF/microwave components,EMI/EMC and biomedical devices
ANSYS electromagnetics solutions provide valuable design insight into:
- Device performance characteristics under applied excitations
- Visualization of the electromagnetic field in and around a device
- Joule heating effects and resultant temperatures
- Force distribution and resulting deformation
- Key design parameters: torque, force, resistance, inductance, capacitance, impedance, S parameters and radiated fields/emissions
With ANSYS Electronics Desktop, you can integrate rigorous electromagnetic analysis with system and circuit simulation in a comprehensive, easy-to-use design platform. Solver on Demand technology enables you to combine electromagnetic simulators with circuit- and system-level simulations to explore full system performance. Linked to ANSYS Fluid Mechanics or Structural Mechanics solvers through the ANSYS Workbench platform, ANSYS electromagnetics software can undertake full multiphysics simulations.
ANSYS provides a wide range of simulation tools for low and high frequency electromagnetics analysis, together with thermal management, circuit and power electronics applications.
ANSYS Electronics Desktop is a unified platform for electromagnetic, circuit and system simulation, including ANSYS HFSS, Maxwell, Q3D Extractor and Simplorer.
ANSYS Maxwell simulates 2-D and 3-D low frequency electromagnetic fields for accurate and rapid design of electromagnetic and electromechanical devices, including motors, actuators, transformers, sensors and coils. Details >>
ANSYS HFSS simulates 3-D full-wave electromagnetic fields for accurate and rapid design of high-frequency and high-speed electronic components.
ANSYS Simplorer is a powerful platform for modeling, simulating and analyzing virtual system prototypes, enabling performance verification and optimisation of software-controlled, multi-domain systems designs. Details >>
ANSYS AIM is an integrated multiphysics solution for designer-focused simulation, including structural, fluid dynamics and electromagnetics capabilities. Details >>
Also, for specific applications:
ANSYS Icepak provides CFD simulation for electronics cooling applications. Details >>
ANSYS SIwave is a specialized design platform for power integrity, signal integrity and EMI analysis of electronic packages and PCBs.
ANSYS Q3D Extractor provides 2-D and 3-D parasitic extraction for engineers designing electronic packaging and power electronic equipment.
Experience new simulation capabilities for the design of 5G, autonomous and electrification technology with unprecedented design insight and analysis capability, including:
- ANSYS HFSS SBR+ and accelerated Doppler processing for the design and analysis of radars used in ADAS, autonomous vehicles and other near-field radar systems.
- ANSYS HFSS new TAU flex meshing capability — patent-pending meshing technology for faster, more reliable initial mesh generation.
- ANSYS HFSS fast mode — automated setup to obtain design trend information in the fastest possible manner.
- RF desense — efficient new workflow for comprehensive desense analysis of wireless products.
- 3D component models — a library of HFSS 3D component models (a cooperative effort between ANSYS and Modelithics) that provides simulation-ready building blocks for 5G and wireless communication systems design.
- ANSYS Cloud — easy access to high-performance computing (HPC) through ANSYS Cloud directly from the ANSYS Electronics Desktop.
Within low frequency electromagnetics, ANSYS Discovery AIM provides a designer-focused user environment for upfront simulation.
» Article: Robust Design for Integrated Circuits
» Brochure: ANSYS Capabilities Chart
» Brochure: ANSYS Startup Programme
» Brochure: ANSYS within Electronics & Semiconductor Industry
» Overview Video: ANSYS HFSS Products – Release 19 Enhancements
» Overview Video: Developing Robust Electronics Systems with ANSYS
» White Paper: The Role of Simulation in Innovative Electronic Design