Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) is an established and powerful simulation tool within the valve industry that provides insight and helps drive innovation more effectively than relying on physical tests alone.
CFD has been proven to generate valuable design information otherwise unobtainable, replacing or reducing physical testing where this is not cost-effective. With significant experience in investigating valve and sealing issues, we discuss how ANSYS CFD solutions, including both ANSYS CFX and ANSYS FLUENT, can be applied to
- Characterise equipment
- Understand / improve / optimise performance
- Model system behaviour.
This recorded video discusses practical applications of CFD and how Wilde has helped companies with both product and system design. Topics include:
- What is CFD?
- How can it save costs and add value?
- ANSYS CFD and Workbench: workflow and simulation management
- Typical uses of CFD in the valve industry
- Cv and loss coefficient
- Steering design
- Actuation forces and moments
- Supporting system design and flow network analysis
- Opening/closure dynamics
- Thermal analysis