This recorded webinar shows how a Safety File will help you to control or eliminate risk and maintain compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAW) by identifying hazards and hazardous events that could happen.
The key elements of having a safety file are identifying meaning and measurement of safety and risk, for example risk metrics, safety targets, demonstrating ALARP and safety assessments.
During this webinar, Wilde’s Paul Gornall explained the function of a Safety File, why it is important and how it can be implemented.
Topics covered include:
- What is a Safety File and what is its Purpose / Intent?
- What subject matter will /should the Safety File capture.
- How to highlight any legislative or legal gaps that are required to be bridged for your facility.
- Recommended documents to bridge all known gaps, in order to prove compliance.
- How the Safety file will provide an easily accessible and robust electronic index; to provide supplementary evidence to any potential investigation, post a site accident or incident.
- Case Study: Safety File for SSE Plc