As certified Autodesk reseller, we supply Moldflow software, training and certification services to many companies involved with moulded plastic parts, enabling product quality to be validated in-house before investing in expensive tooling.
We help our clients use Moldflow to select the best gate locations, identify the optimum processing conditions and study the filling parameters, checking if the mould has cooled adequately or excessive warpage has occurred.
Our capability is recognised by Autodesk through our status as an Advanced Material Analysis specialist and Moldflow Insight Certified Professional.
We also provide flexible injection moulding simulation consulting services for clients without the time, skills or resources in-house – from single day plastic design assessment to long term product and mould development projects. Examples include:
- Two-Shot & Insert Overmoulding – Assessment of subsea connectors, electronic devices, automotive sensors and interior trim
- Core Deflection – Analysis of mould tool robustness & process repeatability in medical, automotive & industrial equipment sectors
- Gate Position Evaluation – Optimisation of hot & cold feed systems, including large components with sequential valve gated systems
- Cooling Optimisation – Minimisation of cycle times and costs by eliminating hot spots in mould tools, including conformal cooling
- Fibre Orientation Analysis – Prediction of mechanical properties of parts manufactured from high performance engineering polymers
- Shrinkage & Warpage Prediction – Simulation and reduction of shrinkage/warpage/distortion across all industries
Our services are typically employed to screen for and detect voids & sink marks, gas traps and weld lines with the objective to optimise fill patterns.
We have experience in a diverse range of polymers from commodity plastics such as PP and ABS through to fibre-reinforced Polyamides, PEEK and PPS. We can simulate over 8000 grades subjected to the following processes:
- Thermoplastics injection moulding
- Thermoplastics injection compression moulding and overmoulding
- Gas-assisted injection moulding
- Reactive moulding
- Reactive compression moulding
- Reactive injection-compression moulding
- Microchip and underfill encapsulation
In addition, we can model plastic blow moulding and extrusion manufactuirng operations through complementary ANSYS Polyflow simulation tools.
Design for Manufacture
Together with our Structural Analysis capabilities, we help ensure that any plastic component is Designed for Manufacture, balancing product performance in terms of strength, rigidity and fatigue life with minimum cost production.
For fibre-reinforced plastics, we can use or supply Autodesk Composite Simulation tools to incorporate inhomogneous and directional material properties developed during the moulding process within design simulation studies of parts.
» Autodesk Moldflow Certification Overview & Process
» Brochure: ANSYS Polyflow
» Brochure: Autodesk Moldflow
» Brochure: Autodesk Moldflow Product Comparison Matrix
» Demo Video: Residual Stresses and Strains with Helius PFA
» Overview Video: Autodesk Moldflow Plastics Simulation
» Webinar Video: Interpreting Moldflow Results – Get the Most Out of Your Injection Moulding Simulations