ANSYS Additive Print eliminates the guesswork and hours of wasted time in metal additive manufacturing workflows. This easy-to-use, yet powerful stand-alone solution, is essential for operators and designers that need to build parts first-time-right.
ANSYS Additive is an extremely easy-to-use and fast manufacturing process simulation solution, predicting part shape, distortion and stresses, automatically generating optimal support structures and compensating STL files for distortion. It is focused specifically on metal additive manufacturing operations to:
- Reduce physical trial-and-error experiments.
- Mitigate uncertainty.
- Design geometries for more accurate printing.
- Accelerate production.
- Gain confidence in prices quoted to customers.
- Reduce build failures for laser powder bed fusion.
Additive Print is a practical tool for people who need to build real parts, delivering an unparalleled combination of accuracy and speed in predicting:
- Final shape of the printed part.
- Layer-by-layer distortion and stress.
- Optimal support structures.
- Distortion-compensated STL files.
- Potential blade crash.
- Offers insight into how parts will distort during a build.
- Provides visualization that allows users to evaluate how their assumptions of distortion and residual stress effect as-built parts, to enable the successful selection of part orientations and support strategies.
- Enables the visualization of the differences between the original, un-deformed geometry and the final deformed geometry, before and after removal from supports.