ANSYS Discovery products for 3-D Design enable CAD modelling and simulation for all design engineers. Since demands on today’s design engineers to build optimised, lighter and smarter products are greater than ever, using appropriate design tools is critical.
The ANSYS 3-D Design family accelerates product development and brings innovations to market faster and more affordably.
Built on direct modeling technology, ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim makes creating, repairing or editing geometry easy again, instead of a chore. Whether you are involved in concept modeling, reverse engineering scanned data or preparing a model for manufacturing or simulation, SpaceClaim’s tools are designed to remove geometry bottlenecks and accelerate the design process.
ANSYS Discovery Live is an environment providing instantaneous simulation, tightly coupled with direct geometry modeling, to enable interactive design exploration. Supporting common fluids, structural, and thermal simulation applications, it allows engineers to experiment with design ideas and see instant feedback from their changes.
Simulation for Design Engineers
ANSYS AIM seamlessly integrates design and simulation for all engineers, helping them to explore ideas and concepts in greater depth. AIM provides a single platform for simulation-driven product development. With guided workflows to promote best practices, you can take advantage of best-in-class ANSYS solver technology to the fullest. Easy to learn and use, it offers unmatched versatility, speed and precision to optimize designs and take them to the next level. Whether performing thermal, electromagnetic, structural, fluid or various multiphysics combinations, AIM eliminates the need for any other simulation software for designers.
Throughout a lean product development cycle, ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim makes it possible for engineers and industrial designers to easily explore their ideas and solve problems in 3D, reuse and quickly edit concept models from any CAD system, assist with project bids by improved communication and simplify models for analysis in a fraction of the time it used to take with traditional CAD.
ANSYS SpaceClaim can also be configured for specific requirements, including:
- CAD Translators for all popular formats. Details >>
- Algoryx Momentum for multi-body motion simulation, powered by Algoryx technology. Details >>
- Keyshot to create photorealistic images of models. Details >>
- STL Prep for 3D Printing for quick and effective faceted geometry clean-up within reverse engineering & 3D printing applications. Details >>
ANSYS Discovery Live provides instantaneous simulation, tightly coupled with Discovery SpaceClaim direct geometry modelling, to enable interactive design exploration and rapid product innovation. It is an interactive experience in which you can manipulate geometry, materials & physics while instantaneously view the updated 3D results.
Following instantaneous simulation with ANSYS Discovery Live to identify candidate designs, ANSYS Discovery AIM makes the advanced multiple physics simulation capabilities frequently required by design engineers for detailed analysis and validation accessible. Whether the analysis includes structures, fluids, thermal properties or electromagnetics, the single or multiphysics simulation is undertaken within the same single-window design, reducing training, deployment and running costs.
Explore designs further with ANSYS Discovery, incorporate rapid CAD modelling with Discovery SpaceClaim
- Discovery Live continues to streamline and automate simulation with the addition of electrical conduction simulation, coupled multiphysics and instant validation, and resurfacing of topology optimisation results.
- A new sharing tab is now included within Discovery AIM for creating and visualising shared topology for the purposes of conformal meshing
- New features in Discovery SpaceClaim include simulation model preparation with shared topology, an updated import and export support for the latest file formats. Also introducing a new SpaceClaim XL add-in to view, interact and make modifications to large assemblies.