ANSYS offers a comprehensive software suite that spans the entire range of physics, accurately simulating the structural, fluid, thermal and electromagnetic performance of any product or process.
Wilde Analysis has been an ANSYS channel partner since 2000 and have used the software for consulting for over 30 years. Our combined software, training and consulting solutions enable you to incorporate simulation within your design and development processes efficiently, with expert support and mentoring from our experienced and friendly technical services team.
ANSYS enables you to predict with confidence that your products will thrive in the real world. Industry leaders use ANSYS to create complete virtual prototypes of complex products and systems – comprised of mechanical, electronics and embedded software components – which incorporate all the physical phenomena that exist in real-world environments.
ANSYS 2019 R3 continues to deliver next-generation pervasive engineering simulation solutions for AV’s with the introduction of ANSYS SCADE Vision. Customers can now evaluate the safety of embedded perception systems and ensure AV sensors are free from detection defects.
ANSYS Discovery Live introduces the first-ever, interactive topology optimisation tool for generative design, as well as new simulation functionality, including mass flow outlets and time-varying inputs for transient studies. With these enhancements, you can easily evaluate a broad spectrum of product behaviours and uncover optimal design solutions in record time.
Additions to ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim include automatic surface reconstruction from faceted geometry, such as STL. This process converts triangle-based models into smooth watertight CAD models for reverse engineering and generative design workflows. Visualisation improvements produce higher-quality renderings for an enhanced user experience.
In ANSYS Discovery AIM, you will now find support for structural beams, physics-aware meshing enhancements and linear buckling capabilities. The release offers more proven, easy-to-use functionality — from mesh failure visualisation to structural stability evaluation — than ever before.
ANSYS Additive Prep has a new build processor: You can now export a build file directly to an additive manufacturing (AM) machine.
ANSYS Workbench Additive enables toggling between the STL supports, meshes and element densities. It includes an option (in the AM process sequencer) for removing the STL supports after cooldown.
ANSYS Additive Print offers new support-related features:
• The support-only cutoff feature helps you cut the support from the part — without separating the part from the baseplate under the displacement
• The support groups feature accounts for multiple support types (volume-less, solid) in a single simulation
Innovations to ANSYS structural solutions in ANSYS 2019 R3 enable you to:
•Study large assembly models with millions of design points with ANSYS Motion, an advanced multibody dynamic solver now integrated into ANSYS Mechanical.
•Quickly and accurately predict product failure early in the design stage for electronic hardware at the component, board and system levels with the addition of ANSYS Sherlock. Translate electronic computer-aided design (ECAD) models into finite element analysis (FEA) geometries in minutes and build on FEA information to predict time to failure.
• Evaluate operating systems with distributed compute services (DCS) — a new family of applications to distribute, manage, solve and optimize design challenges on a variety of compute resources.
• Simulate tightly coupled thermal and structural field analysis with two new streamlined workflows in Mechanical. Easily capture the interaction of thermal and structural loads with static and transient simulations.
• Perform inverse analyses with Mechanical. The inverse solver can determine the shape of a model prior to extreme loads and deformation — sometimes referred to as “hot-to-cold” analysis.
• Benefit from 120 additional materials within Mechanical from the ANSYS GRANTA Materials Data for Simulation database, including electromagnetic properties data where appropriate.
This release advances the new ANSYS Fluent user experience. For example, you can now use Mosaic-enabled meshes to run parametric studies in ANSYS Workbench, and apply fault-tolerant meshes to support nonconformal interfaces when simulating conjugate heat transfer. Plus, the Fluent expression language capability is newly available for use with parameters, reports and monitors.
Numerous other important updates and additions augment your computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analyses over a broader range of applications:
• An automated workflow accelerates the Fluent adjoint solver and generates an organic, optimal shape for multiple objectives and operating conditions.
• Fluent more quickly and easily evaluates complex reduced-order models (ROMs) for improved design exploration.
• ANSYS Forte can be combined with Fluent or ANSYS Mechanical for more accurate, conjugate heat transfer analysis.
ANSYS 2019 R3 delivers electromagnetic field simulation solutions to aid our customers’ pursuit of the engineering megatrends of autonomy, 5G connectivity and electrification. New features include:
• Expansion of ANSYS Cloud offering to ANSYS Electronic Desktop — users of ANSYS HFSS, ANSYS Maxwell and ANSYS Q3D Extractor can now benefit from high-performance computing options available in ANSYS Cloud.
• ANSYS HFSS receives a significant upgrade in distributed memory solver speed.
• ANSYS HFSS and ANSYS HFSS SBR+ include new capabilities for modelling and post-processing complex radar cross-section scenarios required for autonomous system simulation.
• Creeping wave physics has been added to ANSYS HFSS SBR+, a significant new capability to accurately predict radar cross-section of large targets with curvatures.
• Dramatic speed improvements for simulating IC packages and PCB’s with the HFSS regions in SIwave hybrid solution — HFSS regions can now be distributed across compute resources and solved in parallel.
This release introduces ANSYS GRANTA Selector. Based on 25 years of materials selection technology embodied in the earlier CES Selector products, the new Selector offers a refreshed look, great new features and integration with ANSYS products. It facilitates smart materials choices through a comprehensive materials data library and a series of tools for filtering, analyzing and applying the data. It delivers optimized data for comparisons, equivalency studies and selection of metal grades, improved support for simulation and an enhanced user experience.
ANSYS GRANTA Materials Data for Simulation is now accessible through ANSYS Electronics Desktop for electromagnetics simulation. The latest release extends coverage to include key electromagnetic properties, along with mechanical and thermal properties. With 700-plus records across many important materials classes, the materials database minimizes data search and conversion time. The same enlarged dataset is available in ANSYS Mechanical.
How to Install ANSYS 2019 R3
This video demonstrates how to install ANSYS, Inc. products on the Windows Platform:
This video demonstrates how to install the ANSYS, Inc. License Manager on the Windows platform:
This video demonstrates how to install the ANSYS, Inc. License Manager on the Linux platform:
How Can ANSYS 2019 R3 Help My Design Workflows?
For further information about ANSYS 2019 R3 simply complete the form below. Upon submitting the form, you will shortly be contacted by one of our account managers.
Alternatively, you can contact us on +44 (0) 161 474 6886 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As the digital and physical worlds become one, products are growing in complexity. Companies are facing unrelenting pressure to innovate, lower cycle times and reduce costs, while also increasing quality and eliminating risk. Simulation is becoming ‘pervasive’ within the entire engineering enterprise from Digital Exploration to Digital Prototyping to Digital Twins. ANSYS gives you the tools to tackle the complexities of designing, manufacturing and maintaining your products and processes. You can expand your simulation activities throughout your product lifecycle, from design validation to exploring the “what ifs” of your products, facilitating innovation, lowering development and operational costs and improving time to market.
ANSYS software enables you to create a digital twin of your products. A digital twin is a real-time, virtual copy of an actual operating machine that provides insight into individual product performance and maintenance. Sensors on the machine relay data, such as temperature, pressure, flow rate, voltage and loading, to the digital twin, and the twin evolves in step with the machines working environment. The digital twin can predict conditions long before they happen, so you can monitor the twin and replace a distressed component, or take other corrective actions, during scheduled downtime rather than making an untimely shutdown. You can also use the collected data to improve the design of next-generation products.
ANSYS provides simulation solutions for all physics types within the ANSYS Workbench platform. You can invest in the appropriate single or multi-physics solutions associated with your products and processes to create ‘virtual prototypes’.
» Brochure: ANSYS Capabilities Chart
» Overview Video: Engineering the Internet of Things with ANSYS
» Presentation: Wilde’s Guide to ANSYS High Performance Computing (HPC) for Desktops
» White Paper: Pervasive Engineering Simulation
» White Paper: Robust Design Innovation with Simulation Driven Product Development