This year’s 25th anniversary of Plaxis coincided with the acquisition by Bentley and the launch of the new PLAXIS MoDeTo. For the new year we have some interesting developments lined up, under our new Bentley Systems flag, improving the existing inter-operability and offering new possibilities.
Benefit from our PLAXIS NYD with discounts up to 15% on commercial licenses and up to 33% discounts on educational licenses during the New Year’s Deal period.
In the coming year PLAXIS MoDeTo is set to revolutionise offshore monopile design, reducing time spent in design and cutting costs on required steel, transport and installation time. Primary benefits of PLAXIS MoDeTo include:
- Optimised design method for monopile foundations
- Robust 1D kernel with highly efficient calculation times
- Seamless integration with PLAXIS 3D
- Non-linear soil reaction curves for lateral loading, rotation, base shear and base rotation
- Timoshenko beam theory ensuring accurate results for large diameter monopiles
- Realistic assessment of displacements and structural forces
- Automatic calibration and optimisation of soil reaction curves (PLAXIS 3D)
- Visualisation and export of soil reaction curves
As part of Bentley Systems, the Plaxis team will remain the center of geotechnical expertise and driver of innovative geoengineering software. Future developments include coupling of PLAXIS 3D with STAAD.Pro, improved interoperability with SACS and RAM and integration of PLAXIS in BIM workflows, iModel and digital twins. During the New Year’s Deal we provide you a glimpse of ISM import into PLAXIS 3D. Bentley’s Integrated Structural Modeling (ISM) allows users to share structural engineering project information among modeling, analysis, design, drafting, and detailing software applications. Through this new option structural models from SACS, RAM and STAAD.Pro can be imported more easily, together with assigned material properties and loads defined in various load cases.
Together we look forward to 2019, paving the way for further integration between structural and geotechnical engineering software supporting BIM and infrastructure digital twins as part of Bentley’s vision.
Want to learn more about PLAXIS MoDeTo?
This free 60 minute webinar during the New Years’ Deals period, including:
- Introduction to the PISA method and differences with the conventional (p-y) approach
- Main features and workflows in PLAXIS MoDeTo
- Practical example of the numerical-based design workflow
- Future developments of PLAXIS MoDeTo
- Questions and answers
For a copy of the webinar please, leave your details below: