- 28th April 2020
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Asset Performance Management (APM) is a process that encompasses tools and procedures to maintain or improve an assets’ reliability, maintainability and/or availability with respect to its requirements, under its use environment, for the duration of its lifetime. APM is intended to be applied to an asset in an operational environment. Whilst many elements are involved in APM, Reliability Engineering is a central element to success.
This 1-day course covers the fundamentals of Reliability Engineering for Asset Performance Management process, with the following aims:
- Introduce Reliability Engineering principles (objectives, terminology, definitions).
- Describe the elements of an Asset Performance Management process and how they work together.
- Provide awareness of typical Reliability Engineering tools that help identify, monitor and manage risks.
- Demonstrate how reliability, maintainability and availability can be quantified.
Fundamental concepts and terminology are first introduced. The types of activities that can help achieve more reliable products and processes, along with some of the various tools that can support these activities, are then discussed.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed for those working in the domain of monitoring and maintaining asset performance from a reliability, maintainability and/or availability perspective who would like an introduction to the subject of Reliability Engineering.
The course does not assume any prior knowledge on the subject of Reliability Engineering
The course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm.
£525, including lunch and refreshments.
Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Online Training Option
An online course is also available with the training conducted as 3 sessions of 2 hour tuition. Please contact us for details including online prices.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 333 996 9930
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also run this course on a date of your choosing or as a bespoke course. Please let us know if you are interested in this option.
Training at Locations that Suit YouWe can run our training courses at one of our classroom centres, onsite at your premises or online through virtual tuition. Please contact us to discuss which option best suits your requirements.
Classroom Training FacilitiesManchester Area Whitworth House 28 Charles Street Stockport SK1 3JR Cambridge Church Farm Barn 15 High Street Longstanton Cambridge CB24 3BP
- What is APM
- The APM process
- System descriptions
- Functional breakdown
- Failure definitions
- Defining the system
- Identifying and managing risks
- Understanding risk
- Types of hazard
- Methods for identifying risk
- Managing risk
- Quantifying reliability, availability and maintainability
- RAM metrics and requirements
- Reliability and availability calculations
- Non-constant failure rates
- Data handling
- Achieving your objectives/operational excellence
- Monitoring asset performance and tracking improvements
- Maintaining and improving asset reliability/availability
- Types of tools
- APM as a process to deploy tools