- 25th April 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This course is intended for participants with little or no experience of using HAZOP as well as managers, supervisors, engineers and technicians with at least a little understanding of both engineering design and technical safety (for example, interlocks, permissives and trips). This includes for the system to be studied an understanding of:
- the engineering principles
- the design intent
- the design representation of the system being studied, for example a detailed assembly drawing and the modes of
Course topics include:
- The essential basics of the HAZOP technique
- Inputs required for HAZOP
- Outputs from HAZOP
- Whether HAZOP is an appropriate technique for the safety study of the system
- When and how to use HAZOP
The course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm.
£525, including lunch and refreshments.
Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Online Training Option
An online course is also available with the training conducted as 3 sessions of 2 hour tuition. Please contact us for details including online prices.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 333 996 9930
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also run this course on a date of your choosing or as a bespoke course. Please let us know if you are interested in this option.
Training at Locations that Suit YouWe can run our training courses at one of our classroom centres, onsite at your premises or online through virtual tuition. Please contact us to discuss which option best suits your requirements.
Classroom Training FacilitiesManchester Area Whitworth House 28 Charles Street Stockport SK1 3JR Cambridge Church Farm Barn 15 High Street Longstanton Cambridge CB24 3BP
- Origins of HAZOP
- Objectives and Limitations
Inputs to HAZOP
- Defining Scope, Design Intent, Modes of Operation and Establishing Boundaries
- Design Representations and Consequence Analysis
- Attributes, Guide Words, Deviations and Interpretations; example below (Exercise 2)
Outputs from HAZOP (I – Covered)
- Causes, Consequences, Safeguards, Recommendations for Action and Risk Ranking (Exercises 3 & 4)
- Documentation, Recording Styles and Signing-off
Outputs from HAZOP (II – Optional)
- Relationship with the Sponsor or Budget Holder
- Selecting and Briefing the Study Team (including the Team Leader and other roles)
- Training, Timing, Study Schedule and Rehearsal
- Relationship between HAZOP and other safety studies
- Meeting Rules, Logistics, Controlling and Ending the Meetings
- Success Factors and Common Pitfalls
- Auditing and Improvement of HAZOP
- Discussion and Feedback
- Final Questions
- Further Learning