- 12th July 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 13th September 2022
10:45 pm - 11:45 pm
- 15th November 2022
10:45 pm - 11:45 pm
Design for Reliability is a process that encompasses tools and procedures to ensure that a product meets its reliability requirements, under its use environment, for the duration of its lifetime. Design for Reliability is implemented in the design stage of a product to proactively improve product reliability, by seeking to minimise weaknesses in design.
This 1-day course covers the fundamentals of the Design for Reliability process, with the following aims:
- Introduce Reliability Engineering principles (objectives, terminology, definitions).
- Describe the elements of a Design for Reliability process and how they work together.
- Provide awareness of typical Reliability Engineering tools that help identify, monitor and manage risks.
- Demonstrate how reliability can be quantified.
Concepts and terminology are first introduced. The types of activities that can help achieve more reliable products and processes, along with some of the various tools that can support these activities, are then discussed.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed for those working in Engineering Design, who would like an introduction to the subject of Reliability Engineering.
The course does not assume any prior knowledge on the subject of Reliability Engineering.
This online course is split into 3 sessions, 2 hours each, over 1 day.
Sessions run between 9:30am – 11:30am.
£500, including lunch and refreshments.
Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Start Date: 12 July 2022
Sessions on 12 July.
Start Date: 13 September 2022
Sessions on 13 September.
Start Date: 13 November 2022
Sessions on 15 November.
Classroom Training Option
A classroom-based course is also available at one of our venues if preferred to virtual training.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 333 996 9930
- Email us at email@example.com
We can also run this course on a date of your choosing or as a bespoke course. Please let us know if you are interested in this option.
Details on how to join the webinar will be emailed to you once registered.
Course Topics Include:
- Importance of Reliability
- Identifying Risks
- How risk is assessed
- Categories of hazards
- Proactively Identifying Failure Modes
- Quantifying Reliability
- Collecting and displaying data
- Reliability Metrics
- Failure Rate and MTBF Calculations
- Non-constant Failure Rates
- Achieving and Monitoring Reliability
- Factors that lead to reliable and maintainable designs
- Reliability Engineering Tools
- Learning from failures