- 20th September 2022 - 23rd September 2022
9:00 am - 11:00 am
- 29th November 2022 - 2nd December 2022
8:30 am - 9:30 am
This course covers all the skills you need to get started modelling metal-forming process chains using DEFORM® 2D and 3D simulation.
The content presents comprehensive coverage of the DEFORM Integrated Manufacturing Process interface and covers a broad range of applications.
This course will cover the standard training for DEFORM 2D & 3D.
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for attendees with no DEFORM experience, or for those who would like to sharpen their skills or refresh their knowledge.
For users interested in an in-depth course on special applications, they should also attend the DEFORM Advanced training course following on from this DEFORM Introduction course.
This online course is split into 3 sessions over 3 consecutive days at 2 hours each. Then an optional Q&A Session on the Friday afternoon.
Sessions run between 9:30am – 11:30am.
Start Date: 21 June 2022
Sessions on 21 June, 22 June, 23 June, 24 June.
Start Date: 20 September 2022
Sessions on 20 September, 21 September, 22 September, 23 September.
Start Date: 29 November 2022
Sessions on 29 November, 30 November, 31 November, 1 October.
Classroom Training Option
A classroom-based course is also available at one of our venues if preferred to virtual training.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 333 996 9930
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also run this course on a date of your choosing or as a bespoke course. Please let us know if you are interested in this option.
Details on how to join the webinar will be emailed to you once registered.
- Introduction to DEFORM products
- Theory of metal forming and finite elements
- Geometry definition
- Basic meshing and remeshing
- Material data
- Boundary conditions
- Running a simulation
- Restarting a simulation / multi-stage forgings
- Simulating temperature and temperature change
- Press and hammer models
- Results interpretation
- Tool stress analysis
- Elastic plastic material
- Thermal and residual stress
- Advanced meshing
- Heating and cooling simulations
- Material removal and fracture