- 31st December 2020 - 1st January 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This course is designed for users of Ansys Mechanical that have a need to use beam and shell modeling techniques for structural analysis.
The learning objective is to be able to run a Static Structural solution on a model composed of line (beam) and surface (shell) bodies. This essentially consists of developing knowledge on the dedicated preprocessing and postprocessing tools associated with these body types.
The course is composed of two modules: the first covers beam modeling and the second covers shell modeling. The supporting theoretical background is included in both modules. Also included is a review of dedicated elements, geometry, connections, and postprocessing tools.
Following completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Become familiar with the beams and shells theory
- Become familiar with the Ansys elements used for beams and shells models
- Learn how to deal with the body’s connections
- Learn about the Mesh-Based connection features
- Discover the dedicated post processing tools for beams and shells
Who Should Attend?
Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical designers who are already used to work with Ansys Mechanical and are interested to learn more about their models simplifications.
Completion of Ansys Mechanical Getting Started is required or significant experience of Ansys Mechanical.
Typical Learning Pathway
Online Training Option
An online course is also available. Please contact us for details.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 333 996 9930
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also run this course on a date of your choosing or as a bespoke course. Please let us know if you are interested in this option.
Training at Locations that Suit YouWe can run our training courses at one of our classroom centres, onsite at your premises or online through virtual tuition. Please contact us to discuss which option best suits your requirements.
Classroom Training FacilitiesManchester Area Whitworth House 28 Charles Street Stockport SK1 3JR Cambridge Church Farm Barn 15 High Street Longstanton Cambridge CB24 3BP
- Module 01: Beam Modeling
- Workshop 01.1: Beam Modeling
- Module 02: Shell Modeling
- Workshop 02.1: Shell Modeling
- Workshop 02.2: Shell Modeling – Submodeling
- Module 03: Mesh Based Connection
- Workshop 03.1: T-Connections
- Workshop 03.2: Barge Structure