- 5th December 2023 - 8th December 2023
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Learn the fundamental skills necessary to unlock the power of nonlinear solutions in Ansys Mechanical. Understand the nonlinear solution algorithm and the end-to-end solution procedure that may be applied to all nonlinear analysis problems. Efficiently simulate the structural response of physical systems with features that are vital for the accurate representation of many complex real-world physical phenomena, including large deflection, surface-to-surface contact, elastic-plastic material models, nonlinear buckling, and others. Utilize sophisticated debugging tools to quickly diagnose nonlinear convergence issues.
- A technical education and background is recommended but an engineering degree is not required.
- Completion of the ANSYS Mechanical Introduction course.
Who Should Attend?
Mechanical Engineers, including Automotive Engineers, Materials Engineers, Aerospace Engineers, Industrial Engineers, Structural Engineers, and many other subdisciplines.
This online course is split into 4 sessions over 4 consecutive days at approximately 2 hours each.
Sessions commence at 9am.
Start Date: 7 February 2023
Sessions on 7, 8, 9 and 10 February.
Start Date: 13 June 2023
Sessions on 13, 14, 15 and 16 June.
Start Date: 19 September 2023
Sessions on 19, 20, 21 and 22 September.
Start Date: 5 December 2023
Sessions on 5, 6, 7 and 8 December.
Classroom Training Option
A classroom-based course is also available at one of our venues if preferred to virtual training.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 333 996 9930
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also run this course on a date of your choosing or as a bespoke course. Please let us know if you are interested in this option.
Details on how to join the webinar will be emailed to you once registered.
- Module 01: Overview
- Workshop 1.1: Shell Disk
- Workshop 1.2: Line Search
- Module 02: Procedure
- Workshop 2.1: Large deflection
- Module 03: Restart Controls
- Workshop 3.1: Restart Controls
- Module 04: Introduction to Contact
- Workshop 4.1: Contact Stiffness Study
- Workshop 4.2: Symmetric vs Asymmetric
- Module 05: Rate Independent Plasticity
- Workshop 5.1: Metal Plasticity
- Workshop 5.2 : Hardening
- Module 06: Buckling and Linear Perturbation
- Workshop 6.1: Linear Perturbation
- Workshop 6.2: Post Buckling with Stabilization
- Module 07: Nonlinear Diagnostic
- Workshop 7.1: Contact Diagnostics
- Module 08: Mesh Nonlinear Adaptivity
- Workshop 8.1: Mesh Nonlinear Adaptivity