- 12th December 2023 - 15th December 2023
3:25 pm - 4:25 pm
This course teaches the essential skills you will need to start performing basic computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations on your own using Ansys Fluent software. Instructor demos and hands-on workshops cover every aspect of the end-to-end CFD workflow, including how to prepare watertight CAD models in Ansys SpaceClaim, and how to perform the entire meshing and solution process in the single-window Ansys Fluent user interface using the task-based, guided workflow for meshing imported, watertight CAD geometry.
All workshops begin with the import of a CAD model into Fluent and proceed through the entire single window workflow process of meshing, solving and postprocessing.
Who Should Attend?
Fluids Engineers, Combustion Engineers, Thermal Engineers and Aerodynamics Engineers.
A background (or basic understanding) of fluid mechanics is recommended for any attendees on this course.
This online course is split into 6 sessions over 4 consecutive days at approximately 2 hours each.
Sessions commence at 9am.
Start Date: 31 January 2023
Sessions on 31 January, 1 February, 2 and 3 February.
Start Date: 18 April 2023
Sessions on 18, 19, 20, 21 April.
Start Date: 4 July 2023
Sessions on 4, 5, 6 and 7 July.
Start Date: 24 October 2023
Sessions on 24, 25, 26 and 27 October.
Start Date: 12 December 2023
Sessions on 12, 13, 14 and 15 December.
Classroom Training Option
A classroom-based course is also available at one of our venues if preferred to virtual training.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 161 474 6886
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also run this course on a date of your choosing or as a bespoke course. Please let us know if you are interested in this option.
Details on how to join the webinar will be emailed to you once registered.
Course Topics Include:
Following completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use Ansys SpaceClaim to prepare CAD models for use in Ansys Fluent by through the definition of named selections and application of shared topology.
- Use the Watertight Geometry Meshing Workflow in Ansys Fluent to create high quality CFD Simulation meshes from imported CAD geometry through a succession of intuitive guided workflow tasks.
- Set up and complete a basic CFD simulation in Ansys Fluent including defining the problem, calculating the solution and post-processing the results.
- Perform all steps of a CFD simulation from CAD import to meshing to solution to results within the same single window Ansys Fluent environment.
- Use the parametric workflow with Ansys Fluent in Ansys Workbench to execute parametric studies of multiple CFD design points.