- 30th August 2022 - 31st August 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 20th December 2022 - 21st December 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This course teaches the essential skills you will need to start performing basic computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations on your own using Ansys Fluent software. Instructor demos and hands-on workshops cover every aspect of the end-to-end CFD workflow, including how to prepare watertight CAD models in Ansys SpaceClaim, and how to perform the entire meshing and solution process in the single-window Ansys Fluent user interface using the task-based, guided workflow for meshing imported, watertight CAD geometry.
All workshops begin with the import of a CAD model into Fluent and proceed through the entire single window workflow process of meshing, solving and postprocessing.
Who Should Attend?
Fluids Engineers, Combustion Engineers, Thermal Engineers and Aerodynamics Engineers.
A background (or basic understanding) of fluid mechanics is recommended for any attendees on this course.
The course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm.
£790, including lunch and refreshments.
20 – 21 December 2022
30 – 31 August 2022
Online Training Option
An online course is also available as an alternative to classroom-based tuition.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 161 474 6886
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also run this course on a date of your choosing or as a bespoke course. Please let us know if you are interested in this option.
Manchester AreaWhitworth House 28 Charles Street Stockport SK1 3JR
CambridgeChurch Farm Barn 15 High Street Longstanton Cambridge CB24 3BP
Course Topics Include:
Following completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use Ansys SpaceClaim to prepare CAD models for use in Ansys Fluent by through the definition of named selections and application of shared topology.
- Use the Watertight Geometry Meshing Workflow in Ansys Fluent to create high quality CFD Simulation meshes from imported CAD geometry through a succession of intuitive guided workflow tasks.
- Set up and complete a basic CFD simulation in Ansys Fluent including defining the problem, calculating the solution and post-processing the results.
- Perform all steps of a CFD simulation from CAD import to meshing to solution to results within the same single window Ansys Fluent environment.
- Use the parametric workflow with Ansys Fluent in Ansys Workbench to execute parametric studies of multiple CFD design points.
Online payments are processed through Paypal.