- 31st December 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
In this course you will learn all aspects of how to use Ansys Fluent to solve heat transfer problems involving conduction, convection (forced and natural) and radiation, including heat transfer theory, definition of thermal boundary conditions, and model selection and setup for radiation and natural convection. Topics such as conduction in moving solids and conjugate heat transfer (CHT) where solid and fluid zones are coupled, and radiation in semi-transparent media are also included.
Following completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Perform heat transfer simulations with Ansys Fluent involving any of the three modes of heat transfer: conduction, convection and radiation.
- Select the appropriate thin wall conduction settings for a given problem.
- Set up and perform conjugate heat transfer (CHT) simulations in which heat transfer is coupled between solid and fluid zones.
- Define buoyancy settings for problems involving natural convection.
- Select an appropriate radiation model for a given problem.
Who Should Attend?
Thermal engineers, mechanical engineers, CFD analysts and any other Ansys Fluent users who will perform heat transfer simulations with Ansys Fluent.
This course assumes that you have completed Ansys Fluent Getting Started training and are already familiar with Ansys Fluent.
Typical Learning Pathway
The course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm.
£900, including lunch and refreshments.
Online Training Option
An online course is also available. Please contact us for details.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 333 996 9930
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also run this course on a date of your choosing or as a bespoke course. Please let us know if you are interested in this option.
Training at Locations that Suit YouWe can run our training courses at one of our classroom centres, onsite at your premises or online through virtual tuition. Please contact us to discuss which option best suits your requirements.
Classroom Training FacilitiesManchester Area Whitworth House 28 Charles Street Stockport SK1 3JR Cambridge Church Farm Barn 15 High Street Longstanton Cambridge CB24 3BP
- Heat Transfer Introduction
- Workshop: Heating Coil
- Workshop: Conduction in a Pin Fin Heatsink
- Forced Convection
- Workshop: Louvered Fin Heat Exchanger
- Natural Convection
- Workshop: Natural Convection Cooling of a Heatsink
- Workshop: Headlamp Thermal Radiation (DO or MC)
- Workshop: Modeling Natural Convection and Radiation
- Discussion and Wrap-up