- 7th February 2023 - 12th April 2023
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
- 25th April 2023 - 27th April 2023
9:30 am - 12:45 am
- 27th June 2023 - 29th June 2023
3:20 pm - 4:20 pm
- 26th September 2023 - 28th September 2023
3:20 pm - 4:20 pm
This course teaches the essential skills you will need to start performing basic computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations on your own using Ansys CFX software. Instructor demos and hands-on workshops cover every aspect of the end-to-end CFD workflow, including working with CAD models in Ansys SpaceClaim, creating quality CFD meshes with Ansys Meshing, and all aspects of performing CFD simulations in Ansys CFX. Course Modules 01 through 06 are organized into geometry (Ansys SpaceClaim), meshing (Ansys Meshing) and solver (Ansys CFX) topics, and for each of these three topics students go through the complete end-to-end workflow of a different CFD problem.
Following completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the end-to-end procedure of simple CFD problems using Ansys CFX
- Learn how to use the most important functions of Ansys SpaceClaim Direct Modeler
- Learn how to create high quality CFD meshes with Ansys Meshing
- Become familiar with the end-to-end workflow of simple CFD problems using Ansys CFX
Who Should Attend?
Fluids Engineers, Combustion Engineers, Thermal Engineers and Aerodynamics Engineers
This online course is split into 6 sessions over 4 consecutive days at approximately 2 hours each.
Sessions commence at 9am.
Start Date: 7 February 2023
Sessions on 7, 8, 9, 10 February.
Start Date: 25 April 2023
Sessions on 25, 26, 27, 28 April.
Start Date: 27 June 2023
Sessions on 27, 28, 29 June.
Start Date: 26 September 2023
Sessions on 26, 27, 28 September.
Classroom Training Option
A classroom-based course is also available at one of our venues if preferred to virtual training.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 333 996 9930
- Email us at email@example.com
We can also run this course on a date of your choosing or as a bespoke course. Please let us know if you are interested in this option.
Details on how to join the webinar will be emailed to you once registered.
- Module 1: Overview of CFD
- Lecture 1.0: Introduction to Ansys
- Lecture 1.1: Introduction to Ansys Workbench
- Lecture 1.2: Overview of CFD Process
- Demo 1: Flow in a Mixing Tee
- Workshop 1: Flow in a Mixing Tee
- Module 2: Ansys Fluid Simulation Basics
- Lecture 2.1: Ansys SpaceClaim Essentials
- Demo 2.1: Flow Distribution in an Air Manifold (SCDM)
- Lecture 2.2:Ansys Meshing Essentials
- Demo 2.2: Flow Distribution in an Air Manifold (Meshing)
- Lecture 2.3: CFX User Interface and Workflow
- Demo 2.3: Flow Distribution in an Air Manifold (CFD)
- Workshop 2: Flow Distribution in an Air Manifold
- Module 3: Defining Fluid Simulations
- Lecture 3.1: Basic Operations in Ansys SpaceClaim
- Demo 3.1: Mixing Hot and Cold Streams in a Mixing Elbow (SCDM)
- Lecture 3.2: Global Mesh Control
- Demo 3.2: Mixing Hot and Cold Streams in a Mixing Elbow (Meshing)
- Lecture 3.3: Setting Up Physics
- Demo 3.3: Mixing Hot and Cold Streams in a Mixing Elbow (CFD)
- Workshop 3: Mixing Hot and Cold Streams in a Mixing Elbow
- Module 4: Postprocessing Fluid Simulations
- Lecture 4.1: Geometry Handling and Repair
- Demo 4.1: Tube Bundle (SCDM)
- Lecture 4.2: Local Mesh Controls
- Demo 4.2: Tube Bundle (Meshing)
- Lecture 4.3: Postprocessing
- Demo 4.3: Tube Bundle Post-processing
- Workshop 4: Tube Bundle
- Module 5:Parameters and Design Points
- Lecture 5.1: Main Tools, Parameters and Assemblies
- Demo 5.1: Ball Valve (SCDM)
- Lecture 5.2: Mesh Methods and Selective Meshing
- Demo 5.2: Ball Valve (Meshing)
- Lecture 5.3: Parameters and Design Points
- Demo 5.3: Parametric Study in a Ball Valve (CFX)
- Workshop 5: Parametric Study in a Ball Valve
- Module 6: Solving
- Lecture 6: Solving
- Demo 6: Solving (Mixing Elbow and Manifold cases)
- Workshop 6: Solving (Mixing Elbow and Manifold cases)
- Module 7: Lecture 7: CFD Best Practices
- Workshop 7: Airfoil
- Module 8: Lecture 8: Turbulence
- Module 9: Lecture 9: Heat Transfer
- Workshop 8: Electronics Cooling
- Module 10: Lecture 10: Transient Flows
- Workshop 9: Vortex Shedding