- 26th July 2022 - 27th July 2022
9:30 am - 11:30 am
- 25th October 2022 - 26th October 2022
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Learn the fundamental skills necessary to unlock the power of nonlinear solutions in Ansys Mechanical. Understand the nonlinear solution algorithm and the end-to-end solution procedure that may be applied to all nonlinear analysis problems. Efficiently simulate the structural response of physical systems with features that are vital for the accurate representation of many complex real-world physical phenomena, including large deflection, surface-to-surface contact, elastic-plastic material models, nonlinear buckling, and others. Utilize sophisticated debugging tools to quickly diagnose nonlinear convergence issues.
- A technical education and background is recommended but an engineering degree is not required.
- Completion of the ANSYS Mechanical Introduction course.
Who Should Attend?
Mechanical Engineers, including Automotive Engineers, Materials Engineers, Aerospace Engineers, Industrial Engineers, Structural Engineers, and many other subdisciplines.
The course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm.
£900, including lunch and refreshments.
26 – 27 July 2022
25 – 26 October 2022
Online Training Option
An online course is also available as an alternative to classroom-based tuition.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 333 996 9930
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also run this course on a date of your choosing or as a bespoke course. Please let us know if you are interested in this option.
Manchester AreaWhitworth House 28 Charles Street Stockport SK1 3JR
CambridgeChurch Farm Barn 15 High Street Longstanton Cambridge CB24 3BP
- Module 01: Overview
- Workshop 1.1: Shell Disk
- Workshop 1.2: Line Search
- Module 02: Procedure
- Workshop 2.1: Large deflection
- Module 03: Restart Controls
- Workshop 3.1: Restart Controls
- Module 04: Introduction to Contact
- Workshop 4.1: Contact Stiffness Study
- Workshop 4.2: Symmetric vs Asymmetric
- Module 05: Rate Independent Plasticity
- Workshop 5.1: Metal Plasticity
- Workshop 5.2 : Hardening
- Module 06: Buckling and Linear Perturbation
- Workshop 6.1: Linear Perturbation
- Workshop 6.2: Post Buckling with Stabilization
- Module 07: Nonlinear Diagnostic
- Workshop 7.1: Contact Diagnostics
- Module 08: Mesh Nonlinear Adaptivity
- Workshop 8.1: Mesh Nonlinear Adaptivity