Functional Safety: IEC 61508 / 61511 – Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) for the Process Industry Sector
Bristol & Bath Science Park
Dirac Cresent, Emersons Green
- 12th June 2019 - 13th June 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Asset owners and their staff need to consider safety instrumented systems and safety instrumented functions as vital components within process safety.
The risks to health, safety and the environmental are required to be reduced to an acceptable level, So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable (SFAIRP) or As Low As Reasonable Practicable (ALARP). It is also recommended that any commercial risk to companies should be reduced to acceptable levels for the relevant business.
This two day course, which includes IEC 61511 Edition 2 (2016) latest information, will provide you with fundamental awareness and knowledge of the principal requirements of IEC 61508 and 61511.
Who Should Attend?
Personnel involved in the assessments, engineering, management, operating or maintaining of functional safety systems.
This includes managers, supervisors, design engineers, instrumentation engineers, process engineers, safety engineers, operating and maintenance personnel and anybody seeking to progress within the field of functional safety.
The course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm.
Includes lunch and refreshments.
Registration / Further Information
Please contact us to discuss if this course is suitable for your requirements and to book your place(s). Simply:
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 161 474 6886
- Email us to email@example.com
Wilde Analysis South West & Training Centre Bristol & Bath Science Park Dirac Cresent Emersons Green BS16 7FR UK Telephone: +44 (0) 117 370 7721
Course Topics Include:
- Principles and Concepts of IEC 61508 and IEC 61511
- Safety Management, including Responsibilities, Competences, Lifecycle Activities
- Hazard Identification, Risk Targets & SIL Determination Methods including:
- Risk Graphs
- Risk Matrices
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Safety Requirements Specification (SRS)
- Requirements and Role of the Functional Safety Assessment
- Requirements for Verification and Validation
- Designs to Meet Requirements for Process Related Hazards, including:
- Probability of Failure on Demand Calculations
- Safe Failure Fractions
- Hardware Fault Tolerance
- Common Cause or Common Mode failures
- Beta Factor Correction
- Proof Test Interval Determination
- Failure Rate Data & Confidence Levels
- Modifications and Decommissioning
- Documentation Requirements
There is normally no formal assessment. However, there is a highly recommended optional test at end of each day, which on successfully passing a certificate of achievement for the course will be issued.