DEFORM Introduction (2D/3D)
Whitworth House, 28 Charles Street
- 8th September 2020 - 10th September 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This 3-day course covers all the skills you need to get started modelling metal-forming process chains using DEFORM® 2D and 3D simulation.
The content presents comprehensive coverage of the DEFORM Integrated Manufacturing Process interface and covers a broad range of applications.
This 3-day course will cover the standard training for DEFORM 2D & 3D.
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for attendees with no DEFORM experience, or for those who would like to sharpen their skills or refresh their knowledge.
For users interested in an in-depth course on special applications, they should also attend the DEFORM Advanced training course following on from this DEFORM Introduction course.
The course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm.
£1350, including lunch and refreshments.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 161 474 6886
- Email us at email@example.com
- Introduction to DEFORM products
- Theory of metal forming and finite elements
- Geometry definition
- Basic meshing and remeshing
- Material data
- Boundary conditions
- Running a simulation
- Restarting a simulation / multi-stage forgings
- Simulating temperature and temperature change
- Press and hammer models
- Results interpretation
- Tool stress analysis
- Elastic plastic material
- Thermal and residual stress
- Advanced meshing
- Heating and cooling simulations
- Material removal and fracture