DEFORM Introduction (FORMING EXPRESS)
Whitworth House, 28 Charles Street
- 8th September 2020 - 9th September 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
FORMING EXPRESS is an easy-to-use process simulation system designed to analyse material flow and heat transfer in metal forming processes.
FORMING EXPRESS shares the system architecture, mesh generator and FEM engine of DEFORM®, the advanced process simulation system.
This 2-day course shares the same fundamentals covered in the first two days of the full three-day DEFORM Introduction training course.
This 2-day course will cover the basics of DEFORM forming express 2D/3D.
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for attendees with no FORMING EXPRESS experience, or for those who would like to sharpen their skills or refresh their knowledge.
The reduced length of the course is suited to users who will only be using FORMING EXPRESS 2D or 3D. Users of the full DEFORM system should attend the full 3-day DEFORM Introduction training course.
The course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm.
£900, including lunch and refreshments.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 161 474 6886
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Introduction to DEFORM products
- Theory of metal forming and finite elements
- Geometry definition
- Basic meshing and remeshing
- Material data
- Boundary conditions
- Running a simulation
- Restarting a simulation / multi-stage forgings
- Simulating temperature and temperature change
- Press and hammer models
- Results interpretation
- Tool stress analysis