Process modelling enables:
Technically demanding, applications such as forming, machining, heat treatment and casting require simulation software with extensive material modelling, advanced contact algorithms and adaptive meshing.
As the UK and Northern European channel partner for DEFORM, together with access to complementary software, we provide software and consulting solutions that can address most metals-based manufacturing processes including:
For forming processes where the metal is exhibiting predominantly ‘fluid’ rather than ‘solid’ behaviour, we also call upon our in-house fluid dynamics specialists and ANSYS CFD software.
Many of our software clients have been using DEFORM for between 10-20 years, supported by our dedicated Advanced Manufacturing team with PhD level expertise in developing and applying FEA methods for metal forming applications.
We are increasingly undertaking consulting projects to reinforce our users’ capabilities while also solving manufacturing problems for companies that outsource their production or have occasional requirements. Projects include:
- Investigation of cold forming die failures
- Development of inertia welding modelling strategy
- Prediction of distortion of hot forged railway wheels during cooling
- Formability assessment of automotive deep drawn panels
- Optimisation of 3D shearing operations in the aerospace industry
- Determination of spring-back during dishing processes