We have a dedicated team focused on improving the design and manufacture of metal parts, with a portfolio of industry products to tackle any challenges.
Process modelling enables:
- Increased innovation in new manufacturing processes
- Optimised rather than marginal processes
- Reduced shop trials & development costs
- Improved process design & less reliance on experience
- Higher quality products and less scrap & rework
- Understanding of metallurgical properties following manufacture
Software & Consulting
Many of our software clients have been using DEFORM for between 10-20 years, supported by our dedicated Advanced Manufacturing team with PhD level expertise in developing and applying FEA methods for metal forming applications.
As the UK and Northern European channel partner for DEFORM, together with access to complimentary software, we provide software and consulting solutions that can address most metals-based manufacturing processes including:
Cold & Hot Forming
Stamping & Deep Drawing
Design of Experiments
Example projects include:
- Investigation of cold forming die failures
- Development of inertia welding modelling strategy
- Prediction of distortion of hot forged railway wheels during cooling
- Formability assessment of automotive deep drawn panels
- Optimisation of 3D shearing operations in the aerospace industry
- Determination of spring-back during dishing processes
For forming processes where the metal is exhibiting predominantly ‘fluid’ rather than ‘solid’ behaviour, we also call upon our in-house fluid dynamics specialists and ANSYS CFD software.