Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) is a competitive industry facing constant demand to design more effective equipment at a faster rate. Improvements that address noise reduction, energy efficiency, eco-friendly design and reliability are pivotal.
Software & Consulting
With extensive experience in assessment and optimisation of air flow and thermal modelling, we can support your HVAC objectives, including energy management, contamination control and thermal comfort, through the supply of simulation software and consulting services.
Simulation allows HVAC designers and engineers to analyse the performance of their equipment, or the impact of their design decisions, in a variety of scenarios without having to build physical prototypes. This can include:
- Visualisation of flow distribution and regions of high/low velocity
- Identification of recirculatory and/or stagnant regions
- Calculation of pressure drops
- Temperature and humidity distribution
- Particulate flow impaction, interception and diffusion
- Human comfort, including noise control, air quality, thermal comfort and air movement
- Balancing of air distribution systems
- Investigation into the introduction of more heat sources to a room, such as increased staff or IT equipment
- Determination of fan sizes to achieve air change specifications
- Optimisation of overall system efficiencies
HVAC Equipment Design
As Ansys and Flownex simulation partners, we have extensive 1D and 3D mechanical, fluids and multiphysics tools to a model a wide range of HVAC equipment and related systems, including:
- Air cleaning equipment
- Air conditioners
- Air handlers
- Burner design/boilers
- Heat exchangers/coils
- Heating equipment
- Pumps/blowers, fans and compressors/exhausters
Ventilation & Comfort Modelling
Developing heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to maximize thermal comfort takes into account factors such as room temperature, humidity and expected occupancy, as well as heat loss through doors, windows and walls. Modeling air flow in a building is key to creating the best design of a HVAC system, considering performance, energy efficiency and cost.
When considering Built Environments, our software capabilities and consulting services can address ventilation challenges within offices, data centres, hospitals, cleanrooms, manufacturing plants, boiler plants, entertainment venues and parking garages.
» Brochure: ANSYS within Built Environment
» Brochure: Flownex for Data Centres
» Brochure: Flownex for HVAC Applications
» Demo Video: Automotive HVAC Simulation with ANSYS Discovery Live
» Turning Up the Cool Factor in HVAC Systems
» White Paper: Innovation in Building Design through Engineering Simulation