For this release, the focus is around improved sound quality and design for our users, including:
- A colour map display for the ISO 532-1 standard so users can immediately check the time (or RPM) and frequency to ultimately reduce noise annoyance.
- Fully released FRF (Frequency Response Function) capability allows users to characterize the transfer function of a system by estimating frequency response and minimising the effect of noise at the receiver. Results can be transferred to Fluent to filter a simulation result for a more robust analysis.
- Optimise acoustic performance and reduce noise annoyance with tonality indicators that can be calculated in display order with the ability to switch order levels. This is especially of interest to customers working with rotating machinery.
Every Ansys Mechanical User can now identify and minimize risk for build errors and ensure high-quality parts through process simulation for metal powder bed fusion (PBF), directed energy deposition (DED), and metal binder jetting.
- Streamline your workflows with directed energy deposition (DED) – introducing DED process simulation to the Ansys Additive Portfolio, providing capabilities from predicting macro-level temperature distortions and stresses to prevent build failures and provide trend data for improving designs for additive manufacturing including part orientation and part build order.
- Continued improvements for power bed fusion (PBF) process simulation – double the strain generation speed for scan pattern simulations, paired with an expanding material library.
- Workflow speed improvements – fully threaded solver support, multi-platform additive wizard support, Ansys Mechanical parametric design language
(MAPDL) solver enhancements, and now providing a seamless transfer from Ansys Additive Products to Ansys Workbench and Ansys Mechanical.
Autonomous Vehicle Simulation
You can quickly and easily verify and validate your ADAS/AV feature including sensor (radar, lidar and camera) perception with the driving simulation tool of your choice. And, with new radar and LiDAR functionality, you can validate larger and more complex sensors regardless of GPU constraints.
Ansys Connect allows you to create a connected digital thread by connecting various simulation tools and the corresponding assets with each other and with the rest of the product lifecycle ecosystem, such as CAD designs, requirements database, system architecture model, and more.
- Ansys optiSLang’s new connectors for LS-Dyna, SpaceClaim, Nastran and ModelCenter, along with the new AI/ML-based optimisation algorithms from Probaligence, enables orchestrated and optimised simulation workflows.
- Ansys Minerva allows simulation experts to create apps from their simulation automation that nonexperts can take advantage of thus minimising the expertise gap.
- New in Ansys 2022 R1, Ansys ModelCenter improves the connection between your systems architecture models (SAM) and project requirements to build more accurate simulation models.
- Ansys Cloud has enhanced admin capabilities that include the ability for admins to create and manage user groups, allocate budgets to company projects, and monitor cloud usage.
Digital Mission Engineering
Ansys 2022 R1 adds an array of new features and performance improvements for analysing and visualising complex systems in the context of your mission in STK, including:
- Expanded rendezvous and proximity operations (RPO) capabilities. STK raises the bar for modelling RPO, adding new curvilinear calculation objects that you can use to compute quantities that are more naturally consistent with a given orbit than previously possible in STK.
- FMI/FMU compatibility plugin. STK introduces a plugin enabling you to integrate with Ansys physics solvers through FMUs, so you can create a mission simulation that accounts for dynamical characteristics of mechanical, electronic, and fluids subsystems.
- Ansys Discovery CAD to STK. STK includes a plugin to Ansys Discovery and Ansys SpaceClaim that provides a seamless method for converting detailed CAD models into the glTF format preferred for STK. You can even imbue these converted models with additional features, such as sensor attachment points, steerable elements, and articulations.
- Modelling large constellations. You can now use a satellite collection to represent an entire constellation of satellites as a single object in STK to provide basic visualisation, a minimal memory footprint, and efficiently save and load operations.
New features available to enable faster deployment of your digital twin, easier workflows, and Web-App application for online interaction with your model:
- Powerful enhancements and new capabilities in twin deployment, including the ability to calibrate/tune simulation model parameters so the simulation outputs match data.
- Develop a quick web application prototype to interact with your simulation.
- Better Workflow & user experience with Modelica enhancements, saving your development time.
- A major development in Reduced Order Model (ROM) capability to get better control on your ROM output.
- EMA3D Cable – much faster simulation times at deeper granularity, improved model libraries, and cable harness connectivity enhancements
- EMA3D Charge – dielectric breakdown simulation, refined meshing, and simulation of radiation-induced ionisation for space applications
- HFSS – Phi Plus Meshing for 3DIC packaging simulation, modelling of rough surfaces for ADAS, and fast broadband frequency sweeps
- Icepak – Links to Ansys Redhawk and Ansys Fluent, along with improved multiphysics flows within Ansys Electronics Desktop
- Maxwell – poly-phase electric machine ROM, Litz wire, and a faster simulation option for systems requiring FEA
- Motor-CAD – optiSLang interface and NVH assessment
- SIwave – temperature gradient input from Ansys Icepak and automated functionality when used in HFSS 3D Layout
Electric Machine & Power Electronics
Now all software V&V activities are further accelerated thanks to a unique model coverage assistance capability for both designers and testers.
The tool enables our customers to be compliant with the latest applicable industry domain standards.