ANSYS 2020 R1: Next-Generation Pervasive Engineering Simulation | ANSYS News
January 28th, 2020
ANSYS has released their latest version of their simulation software portfolio, ANSYS 2020 R1.
ANSYS 2020 R1 includes enhancements to ANSYS Mechanical to help engineers design complex, highly nonlinear and extremely large models. This release also features a greatly simplified workflow in ANSYS Fluent, so even novice engineers can execute complex multiphase simulations quickly and easily. Other portfolio upgrades include dynamic new tools for ANSYS HFSS SBR+ and ANSYS Maxwell that substantially improve processes for electronic/electromagnetic design.
ANSYS for 3D Design
Explore more designs quickly in ANSYS Discovery Live with changes to the structural solver to improve accuracy for thinner geometries, and with a newly introduced steady-state fluids solver. Get upfront design insights with the addition of manufacturing constraints and multi-analysis optimisation for topology optimisation capabilities.
With ANSYS Discovery AIM, you can now simulate rubber components with an easy-to-use, guided workflow. Structural materials data have also been expanded to include orthotropic elasticity and simulation of composite laminates.
New autoskin features in ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim enable you to easily combine analytic geometry with autoskinned patches during reverse engineering. In addition, new minimal surface lattices increase efficiency in additive manufacturing applications.
ANSYS for Additive Manufacturing
ANSYS Additive Prep features expanded capabilities in the build processor so you can change laser parameters. Building on its capability to write files to SLM machines, it now lets you write files to EOS machines.ANSYS 2020 R1 features major advances in additive manufacturing (AM) simulation capabilities throughout the AM product line:
- Workbench Additive now offers inherent strain simulation in addition to thermal–structural additive simulation. ANSYS Additive Print to Workbench Additive workflow for cutoff scenarios has been introduced.
- Additive Print now supports J2 Plasticity. It also accepts laser beam inputs for the thermal solver.
- Aluminum alloy AlSi10Mg has been validated for all simulation types in Additive Print and Additive Science.
- Additive Print and Additive Science have been improved for increased accuracy and faster run times.
ANSYS for Structures
Additional functionality directly in Mechanical for streamlined workflows, including cross sectional assignments for line bodies, post-processing of reinforcements and easy drag-and-drop external modelsANSYS 2020 R1 empowers ANSYS Mechanical users to go further than ever before with enhancements to improve the handling of complex, highly nonlinear and massively large models. Enhancements include:
- Improved topology optimization validation workflows so you can now go directly from a tessellated optimal shape to meshing and validation of the final design
- Full migration of ANSYS AQWA, a hydrodynamic analysis tool, into Mechanical, including new technology such as the ability to transfer generated loads to other analysis systems
- Enhanced integration of LS-DYNA into the ANSYS Mechanical interface following our recent acquisition of LSTC
- Quicker solve times in ANSYS Sherlock, which now uses ANSYS MAPDL as its default FEA engine, along with consolidation of application settings and the ability to configure multiple part libraries
ANSYS for Fluid Dynamics
ANSYS Fluent offers a new experience that enables novice or expert users to run robust computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations in less time and with less training than ever before. Easy-to-use, task-based meshing workflows and Mosaic technology — coupled with Fluent’s CFD solvers — deliver great results, without compromise.
A streamlined workflow facilitates multiphase simulation setup. A single, tabbed panel organizes setup into a logical, step-by-step flow. In a benchmark gas–liquid pipe flow simulation, the new setup proved 25% faster.
More CFD solutions include:
- An algebraic interface area density (AIAD) model accurately simulates complex multiphase regime transitions.
- A detailed electrochemistry model optimizes lithium-ion battery cells.
- Harmonic analysis in ANSYS CFX is 2X faster and can now solve for multiple base frequencies.
- Complex fluid-structure interaction problems can be set up and solved faster and more easily.
ANSYS for Electromagnetics
ANSYS HFSS SBR+ offers creeping wave physics for installed antenna analysis and placement studies, thus increasing the accuracy of modelling antennas integrated into objects with curved attributes.ANSYS 2020 R1 delivers electromagnetic field simulation solutions to aid our customers’ pursuit of the engineering megatrends of autonomy, 5G connectivity, electrification and energy efficiency. New features include:
- EMI Xplorer in ANSYS SIwave helps to assess and mitigate potential board- and package-level EMI problems prior to running simulations early in the design cycle.
- ANSYS Maxwell enables harmonic force coupling, enhancing the accuracy of the electromagnetic and vibroacoustic design of electric vehicle powertrains, transformers, turbomachinery and other electric machines.
- ANSYS Cloud has been extended in ANSYS Electronics Desktop to include electrothermal simulations involving ANSYS Icepak. Additionally, Icepak supports steady-state or transient thermal analysis for a variety of low- and high-frequency applications.
ANSYS for Materials
A new product, ANSYS GRANTA MI Pro, is an easy-to-implement, focused version of GRANTA MI, designed as a fast-start option for design and simulation teams. This product provides CAD and CAE users with direct access to reliable materials reference data from ANSYS Granta, alongside managed lists of in-house materials and their approved properties.Accurate materials information is essential for any product development organization, particularly one aiming to make pervasive use of simulation. In ANSYS 2020 R1, ANSYS GRANTA MI has an enhanced user experience, which supports the rollout of the gold standard corporate materials information management system across large engineering enterprises. With GRANTA MI, you can ensure consistency, lower risk, increase efficiency and drive innovation.
ANSYS 2020 R1 also enhances the data in the GRANTA Materials Data for Simulation dataset, available within ANSYS Mechanical and ANSYS Electronics Desktop.
How Can ANSYS 2020 R1 Help My Design Workflows?
For further information about ANSYS 2020 R1 simply complete the form below. Upon submitting the form, you will shortly be contacted by one of our account managers.
Alternatively, you can contact us on +44 (0) 161 474 6886 or firstname.lastname@example.org