Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP) – Introduction
Our introduction to Hazard and Operability Studies covers the essential basics of the HAZOP technique, including:
- Inputs required for HAZOP
- Outputs from HAZOP
- Whether HAZOP is an appropriate technique for the safety study of the system
- When and how to use HAZOP
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, engineers and technicians with limited or no previous experience using HAZOP.
This includes delegates involved in engineering design and technical safety (for example, interlocks, permissives and trips).
The course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm.
£545 for first delegate, including lunch and refreshments.
£490 for subsequent delegates on the same course booking.
Registration / Further Information
Please contact us to discuss if this course is suitable for your requirements and to book your place(s). Simply:
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 161 474 6886
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can also run this course at your offices as a company-dedicated training session on a date of your choosing. Please indicate when contacting us if you are interested in this option.
- Origins of HAZOP
- Objectives and Limitations
Inputs to HAZOP
- Defining Scope, Design Intent, Modes of Operation and Establishing Boundaries
- Design Representations and Consequence Analysis
- Attributes, Guide Words, Deviations and Interpretations; example below (Exercise 2)
Outputs from HAZOP (I – Covered)
- Causes, Consequences, Safeguards, Recommendations for Action and Risk Ranking (Exercises 3 & 4)
- Documentation, Recording Styles and Signing-off
Outputs from HAZOP (II – Optional)
- Relationship with the Sponsor or Budget Holder
- Selecting and Briefing the Study Team (including the Team Leader and other roles)
- Training, Timing, Study Schedule and Rehearsal
- Relationship between HAZOP and other safety studies
- Meeting Rules, Logistics, Controlling and Ending the Meetings
- Success Factors and Common Pitfalls
- Auditing and Improvement of HAZOP
- Discussion and Feedback
- Final Questions
- Further Learning
Whitworth House, 28 Charles St