ReliaSoft’s Xfmea software tool facilitates data management and reporting for all types of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) that you may undertake. The software provides pre-defined settings to fit the major industry standards (such as AIAG FMEA-3 or FMEA-4, SAE J1739 and MIL-STD-1629A) and also provides extensive customisation options.
ReliaSoft Xfmea provides a flexible and powerful set of tools to help you:
- Record and manage data for current failure mode and effects analyses
- Find and re-use relevant information from existing FMEAs
- Evaluate risk via RPN or Criticality Analysis
- Track the completion of recommended actions
- Present the FMEA data via reports, queries and charts
- Integrate the FMEA with related analyses (such as Process Flow Diagrams, Control Plans and Test Plans).
Potential applications and benefits of performing FMEA and related activities with Xfmea include the ability to:
- Proactively consider potential failures, prioritize issues based on risk and then initiate improvements early in development when modifications tend to have the biggest impact for the lowest cost.
- Create a keyword searchable knowledge base of reliability-related information for your designs, which can contribute to the development of test plans, control plans, future design efforts and other activities.
- Establish consistency throughout the organization’s FMEA process and make it easy for multiple users to cooperate on the analyses.
- Utilise charts, reports, automated e-mails and other features to use the analysis information in ways that will effectively support decision-making and make sure that corrective actions are implemented.
Easy to Find and Reuse Existing Analysis Data or Phrases
The software provides an array of tools to help you find and reuse descriptions from any existing analysis and to select phrases from predefined templates or phrase libraries. You also can use fully customizable Excel® templates to quickly import system configurations or analysis data from external data sources.
Multiple Views of Analysis Information
Xfmea’s flexible System Hierarchy panel provides a uniquely powerful opportunity to organize the analysis information according to even the most complex multi-level system configuration.
Feedback Loop for Corrective Actions
To make sure your organization follows through to implement the design or process improvements identified during the FMEA, Xfmea provides a variety of features to help the team track the completion of recommended actions. This includes targeted reports, charts and the ability to send automated notifications via e-mail.
Flexible Reports, Queries, Charts and Diagrams
Xfmea provides a complete set of print-ready reports, flexible ad-hoc queries, charts and diagrams that allow you to present analysis information in the most effective ways to support decision-making.
ReliaSoft Synthesis is an integrated platform that can combine any or all of ReliaSoft’s best-in-class reliability engineering applications into a powerful, easy-to-deploy, enterprise-capable, integrated reliability solution.
» Brochure: ReliaSoft SYNTHESIS 10
» Brochure: ReliaSoft Synthesis Enterprise Portal
» Brochure: ReliaSoft Xfmea
» Overview Video: How to Become an Effective FMEA Practitioner
» Overview Video: ReliaSoft Synthesis Integrated Reliability Platform
» Webinar Video: Prevent Failure within your Products and Processes using FMEAs
» White Paper: Starting a Reliability Journey