ReliaSoft’s BlockSim software tool provides a comprehensive platform for reliability, availability, maintainability, throughput, resource allocation, life cycle cost and related analyses for repairable and non-repairable systems. A sophisticated graphical interface allows you to model the simplest or most complex systems or processes using reliability block diagrams (RBDs), fault tree analysis (FTA) or a combination of both approaches.
Reliability block diagrams (RBDs) and fault tree analysis (FTA), undertaken within ReliaSoft’s BlockSim software, offer powerful techniques for both repairable and non-repairable systems to:
- Identify critical components (or failure modes) and determine the most effective ways to improve system performance through design improvements and/or maintenance planning.
- Use simulation to obtain estimated performance metrics that can facilitate decision-making in a variety of areas, such as scheduling planned maintenance, planning for spares, identifying bottlenecks in production throughput and estimating life cycle costs.
- Identify vulnerabilities in a system and determine the most effective ways to reduce the risk.
Extensive Tool Kit
BlockSim includes advanced capabilities to model complex configurations, load sharing, standby redundancy, phases and duty cycles to undertake:
- System Reliability Analysis
- Identification of Critical Components
- Reliability Optimization
- System Maintainability Analysis (Determine Optimum Preventive Maintenance Intervals, etc.)
- System Availability Analysis (Calculate Uptime, Downtime, Availability, etc.)
- Throughput Calculation (Identify Bottlenecks, Estimate Production Capacity, etc.)
- Resource Allocation for Maintenance Planning
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis
Reliability Block Diagrams, Fault Trees and Markov Diagrams
Simple drag-and-drop techniques make it easy to build reliability block diagrams or fault trees to model systems and processes. All of the traditional RBD configurations and fault tree gates and events are supported, along with advanced capabilities to model complex configurations, load sharing, standby redundancy, phases, duty cycles, subdiagrams and more.
Repairable System Analysis via Discrete Event Simulation
Simulation results can be used for a wide variety of applications, including:
- Choosing the most effective maintenance strategy, considering safety, cost and/or availability.
- Determining the optimum preventive maintenance (PM) interval.
- Managing the spare parts inventory, considering factors such as cost, utilization rate and supply bottlenecks.
- Identifying the components that have the biggest impact on availability (downtime).
Exact Reliability Results/Plots and Optimum Reliability Allocation
Using an exclusive algorithm pioneered by ReliaSoft, BlockSim algebraically computes the exact system reliability function for even the most complex systems. Calculated results include Reliability, Probability of Failure, Reliable Life (i.e., time for a given reliability), BX% Life (i.e., time for a given unreliability), Mean Life, Failure Rate, pdf plots, Reliability Importance plots and Minimal Cut Sets.
ReliaSoft Synthesis is an integrated platform that can combine any or all of ReliaSoft’s best-in-class reliability engineering applications into a powerful, easy-to-deploy, enterprise-capable, integrated reliability solution.
» Brochure: ReliaSoft BlockSim
» Brochure: ReliaSoft SYNTHESIS 10
» Brochure: ReliaSoft Synthesis Enterprise Portal
» Overview Video: ReliaSoft Synthesis Integrated Reliability Platform
» Webinar Video: System Reliability Modelling using BlockSim
» White Paper: Starting a Reliability Journey