ReliaSoft’s Weibull++ software tool is the industry standard for life data analysis worldwide. The software utilises multiple lifetime distributions (including all forms of the Weibull distribution), with a clear and concise interface designed specifically for reliability engineering
ReliaSoft Weibull++ is the industry standard in life data analysis (Weibull analysis) for thousands of companies worldwide. Weibull++ provides the most comprehensive toolset available for reliability life data analysis, calculated results, plots and reporting.
The software supports all data types and all commonly used product lifetime distributions. The software is also packed with tools for related reliability analyses, such as warranty data analysis, degradation data analysis, non-parametric data analysis, recurrent event data analysis, reliability test design and experiment design & analysis (DOE).
- Supports all types of life data, including complete, right censored (suspended), left censored, interval censored and free-form data, entered individually or in groups.
- Includes all major lifetime distributions (including the Weibull model and the mixed Weibull model as well as the Exponential, Lognormal, Normal, Generalized Gamma, Gamma, Logistic, Loglogistic, Gumbel, Bayesian-Weibull and Competing Failure Modes). A distribution wizard will help you select the one with the best fit for a particular data set.
- Flexible results, plots and reports to quickly provide the results, plots and reports you need to support decisions based on analysis results and two template-based reporting tools that incorporate results based on the data analysis along with your own custom calculations.
- Compare suppliers or designs based on reliability.
- Use data-driven analysis to address today’s demanding performance specifications.
- Demonstrate that an item meets specified reliability.
- Make predictions about performance during the useful life (or warranty) period.
- Use plots and other reports to effectively communicate performance estimates to management.
Life Data Types
- Complete (Failure Time)
- Right Censored (Suspension Time)
- Left Censored
- Interval Censored
Distributions and Parameter Estimation
The software provides a choice of all major lifetime distributions (including all forms of the Weibull distribution).
- Normal and Lognormal
- Gamma and Generalized Gamma
- Logistic and Loglogistic
- Mixed Weibull
- Competing Failure Modes (CFM)
Parameter estimation options for standard life data analysis include:
- Rank Regression on X (RRX)
- Rank Regression on Y (RRY)
- Maximum Likelihood Estimation (MLE)
- Non-Linear Rank Regression
- Fractional Failure Analysis
Distribution Wizard and Ranking Methods
If you are not sure which model is appropriate for a given data set, the convenient Distribution Wizard automatically performs several types of goodness-of-fit tests (Kolmogorov-Smirnov, Correlation Coefficient, Likelihood value) in order to rank the available distributions.
The tool also comes with the ability to rank data points using Kaplan-Meier or Median Ranks.
Weibull++ also provides confidence bounds for parameters, calculated results and plots. Depending on the specific analysis method used, the confidence bounds may be calculated using the Fisher Matrix, Likelihood Ratio, Beta Binomial or Bayesian (BSN) approach.
Reliability Test Design
- Reliability demonstration test design: Determines the appropriate sample size, test duration or other variables for designing effective reliability tests and demonstration tests.
- Expected failure times plot: Displays times-to-failure that you may expect to observe for a given reliability life test.
- Difference detection matrix: Allows you to detect the difference between the reliabilities of two separate designs.
Warranty Data Analysis
A choice of data entry formats for using sales/returns data to perform life data analysis and make warranty projections: nevada chart, times-to-failure, dates of failure or usage (e.g., mileage, cycles, etc.).
Degradation Data Analysis
Use the linear, exponential, power, logarithmic, Gompertz or Lloyd-Lipow models to extrapolate the failure times of a product based on its performance (degradation) over a period of time. Weibull++ also includes destructive degradation analysis and the option to create user-defined degradation models.
Design Of Experiments (DOE)
Weibull++ supports a variety of experiment design types, including factorial and fractional designs, Taguchi robust designs, response surface method designs and DOE based on product life, called reliability DOE.
Reliability Block Diagrams
The built-in diagram feature allows you to create reliability block diagrams (RBDs) using blocks that are linked to analyzed Weibull++ folios. This feature can be used to analyze complex competing failure modes or simple system reliability. You can even send RBDs built in Weibull++ to BlockSim. This process exports the blocks into a new BlockSim simulation diagram, allowing you to perform further analyses such as system maintainability, availability and related analyses.
Life Data Results, Plots and Results
The Quick Calculation Pad (QCP) is a “Calculation Log” that allows you to record the results from a series of different calculations and then copy/paste the information as needed.
The software also provides a complete array of calculated results and plots based on the analysis. For life data analysis, this includes:
- Reliability or probability of failure
- Conditional reliability or conditional probability of failure
- Reliable life (i.e., time for a given reliability, also called “warranty time”)
- BX% life (i.e., time for a given unreliability)
- Mean life
- Failure rate
- Probability plots and pdf plots
- Contour plots
- Failure/suspension histograms, pie charts or timelines
Weibull++ provides a complete array of advanced plotting tools. The Plot Setup allows you to completely customize the “look and feel” of plot graphics. You can save your plots in a variety of graphic file formats for use in other documents.
- Overlay Plots (aka Multi-Plots)
- Side-by-Side Plots
- RS Draw® Metafile Graphics Editor
- 3D Plots
Customizable reports: The Synthesis Workbook is a custom reporting tool that is built into Weibull++. It seamlessly integrates spreadsheet and word processing capabilities while enabling you to include calculated results and plots from your analysis.
- Repairable System Analysis: Use the General Renewal Process (GRP) model or the Mean Cumulative Function (MCF) to analyze recurrent event data.
- Non-Parametric Life Data Analysis: Use Kaplan-Meier, Simple Actuarial or Standard Actuarial techniques when analyzing incomplete data that does not fit any life distribution in a satisfactory way.
- Event Log Folio: Use the specialized Event Log Folio to convert system failure and repair data into times-to-failure and times-to-repair.
- Monte Carlo simulation: Automatically perform analyses on simulated data sets in order to investigate confidence bounds, testing scenarios and help solve many other reliability engineering questions.
- Optimum replacement time calculation: The ability to calculate the optimum replacement time provides a powerful opportunity to reduce a system’s maintenance costs while maximizing uptime. The new Maintenance Planning Tool generates a cost vs. time plot designed to help you determine the most cost-effective time to replace a system’s worn or failed components. The tool also offers an option to create preventive and/or inspection tasks for use in BlockSim simulation diagrams.
- Non-Linear Equation Fit Solver: Estimates the parameters of any user-defined non-linear equation. This gives you the flexibility to perform simple parameter estimation on statistical models other than the life distributions and life-stress relationship models available in standard folios. After you have solved the equation, the tool provides a plot to visualize how the data fit the function, and also makes it easy to calculate Y for any given X value.
- Non-Linear Equation Root Finder: Quickly solves for the root of any user-defined non-linear equation. This helps you eliminate some of the guesswork of solving for the value of the unknown variable that makes the function be as close to zero as possible.
- Quick Parameter Estimator: Estimates the parameters of a statistical model based on what you know about the behavior over time. The software will “translate” your answers into the inputs required to obtain the model parameters.
- Quick Statistical Reference: Frees you from tedious lookups in tables by quickly returning results for commonly used statistical functions. Results include Median Ranks, Chi-Squared Values, Cumulative Binomial Probability, and many more. There is also a Polynomial Interpolation Function that allows you to enter known data points and then calculate Y for any given X value.
Enhanced Database Security
ReliaSoft 2018 now supports Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) implementations in SQL Server and Oracle databases. In addition, it supports encryption in transit to further secure the connection between the Synthesis application and the enterprise database. For SQL Server databases, you can set the encryption type when you create a new enterprise repository or create a connection to an existing enterprise repository in any Synthesis application. For Oracle databases, the encryption type is set from the server.
Improved Ribbon Navigation
The ribbon commands for managing project resources (Resource Manager, etc.) and for creating analyses (folios, plots, etc.) in projects are now all located in the Home tab, making them easier to find and access. Updated print interface via the backstage view, Insert and Help tabs have been removed from the ribbon.
New Custom Units Wizard
Synthesis repositories are pre-configured with a set of units that allow you to easily express results in terms of other units. ReliaSoft 2018 introduces a new wizard utility that makes it easier to create custom units and define conversion factors.
New Search Features
ReliaSoft 2018 now supports additional logic operators to the find and filter tools that are built into the Resource Manager, Synthesis Explorer and other utilities, making it easier to narrow down search results and find relevant data without having to build a query.
Same Folder Name Within Project Explorer
Previously within the Project Explorer, you could not use the same folder name even if the folder was under a different parent. This has been updated in Version 2018 where you can now use the folder name multiple times within the Project Explorer. This provides greater flexibility to our users on how they can organize their folios.
Customizable Plot Properties
ReliaSoft 2018 adds the ability to turn ON/OFF the following plot properties:
- 3P-Adjusted points
- 3P-Adjusted line
- Confidence Bounds
- 3P-Weibull Line Adjusted for Gamma
- 3P-Weibull Line Unadjusted for Gamma
New Spreadsheet Functions in Weibull++ and ALTA
For spreadsheets and Synthesis workbooks, the Function Wizard offers two new functions for estimating the mean remaining life, which is the expected survival time of a product given that the product has survived to a specified time. MRL returns the result for life data analyses (Weibull++), and MRL_Sreturns the result for accelerated life testing data analyses (ALTA).
DOE Examples Included with Weibull++ and ALTA
In previous versions the DOE examples were contained in a separate repository. In Version 2018, the DOE examples are included in the example repositories for both Weibull++ and ALTA.
Usage Format Warranty Analysis Folio in Weibull++
In the usage format of the warranty analysis folio, you define a statistical distribution that reflects the variation in usage patterns for a product. Now in Version 2018, you can use the Quick Parameter Estimator (QPE) to easily obtain an estimate for the parameters of the usage distribution, based on information you have about the product.
Access to Stress Profiles from Data Sheet in ALTA
An interface was added to the control panel to the right of the data sheet to allow direct access to the stress profiles that are used in the data sheet. Users can also initiate the ability to create a new stress profile and access the Resource Manager.
Updated Interface for Wizards
The following windows have been updated to use a more modern looking interface:
- Project Item Wizard
- Data Sheet Setup
- Add Degradation
- Test Design Assistant
- Add SimuMatic
Extract Data from a Detail in XFRACAS to Weibull++
Users are now able to extract data from a user-defined field/detail in XFRACAS to Weibull++. Users can now map the data in an incident detail to be imported into Weibull++
» Brochure: ReliaSoft SYNTHESIS 10
» Brochure: ReliaSoft Weibull++
» Overview Video: ReliaSoft Synthesis Integrated Reliability Platform
» Webinar Video: Understand Product Performance with Life Data Analysis using Weibull
» Webinar: ReliaSoft Weibull++: Using Warranty Data Analysis for Making Business Decisions