PLAXIS 3D is an ideal program for the analysis of complex 3D geotechnical problems. ANSYS SpaceClaim is a powerful but simple-to-use and cost-effective modeller for importing, creating, editing and modifying 3D geometry without having to be a CAD expert. Together, these tools will enable you to build, run and update geotechnical FEA models as efficiently as possible.
This recorded video shows how ANSYS SpaceClaim can be used with PLAXIS 3D to;
- Translate and import geometry form virtually any 3rd party source
- Build soil model geometry from scratch fast, including structural elements within tunnel linings, basement walls and slabs, and other underground structures.
- Clean-up and simplify existing geometry to improve FEA modelling
- Make rapid design changes by manually stretching, pulling and morphing geometry or by creating a parametric model
- Create clean STL-based geometry for optimum meshing in PLAXIS 3D