We’re excited to announce the release of PLAXIS 2D 2017.00.
April 20th, 2017
Plaxis have released the news of their new 2D software, PLAXIS 2D 2017.00. The new release shows an expansion of PLAXIS geotechnical capabilities.
There are many new features which increase usability including cross and cross and parallel permeability for interfaces which allows users to select between permeable, impermeable and semi-permeable options. Two new types of behaviour for geogrids has been introduced to include elastoplastic or viscoelastic behaviour. The multiply command can be used to for instance multiply a set of loads with various load components and due to the first full 64-bit 2D, more complex projects can now be dealt with through numerous speed improvements. Along with much more, the incorporation of a Python sub menu in the Expert Menu allows for remote scripting to become more user-friendly with an option to bookmark scripts.
Other features include:
- Grout anchor behaviour for Embedded beam rows
- Directly input the element dimension in the expert settings of the mesh menu
- Time is shown in Output plot title for calculations where a time component is defined
- Multiselect-on-click behaviour for selecting overlapping objects of the same type
- Grouped clusters based on material assignment in Output Model explorer
- Equivalent force arrow can be hidden from cross sections
- Inverse analysis settings in SoilTest can be now be saved
- PLAXIS 2D 2017 Viewer
Get more with PLAXIS VIP
PLAXIS VIP is an additional annual maintenance contract comprising access to latest releases, extended software capabilities, technical support and discounts on selected training courses. It also allows access to additional features such as:
- Multiply command for numeric properties
- Python integration in Exper Menu
- Soil layering based on Robertson interpretation for imported CPT borehole data
- Hoek-brown model available in Design approaches