Our ReliaSoft software is being increased adopted by stakeholders within the medical and related industries to:
- Equip decision makers with tracked and quantifiable information, using the Synthesis Platform’s analytical tools
- Document and mitigate risk with robust failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Create probability plots during product development to define acceptable limits.
- Use a FRACAS system to capture field data, assist with problem resolution and drive improvements in future designs.
- Support senior management and finance teams with accurate warranty analysis to make informed decisions.
- Provide management with insight into all the risk levels at each stage of product development programmes
Likewise, ANSYS tools are helping to minimise the risk of product failure and under-performance through upfront structural, fluid and electromagnetic engineering simulation. Typical software applications range from stents, coils, heart valves and pacemakers, through electronic monitors and other instrumentation to pharmaceutical production.
We have undertaken FEA and CFD projects involving mechanical devices, such as inhalers, as well as analysis of implants and the human body itself.
Our DEFORM and Autodesk Moldflow manufacturing simulation capabilities are used to ensure the quality of both implants, involving complex metallic materials, and plastic housings and components within devices. Benefits include:
- Ensure dimensional stability by helping identify and eliminate causes of distortion
- Control fibre orientation, voids and weld lines to maximise product performance
- Optimise process conditions to ensure stable repeatable part quality
- Reduce tooling and process validation times
- Reduce material, cycle times and manufacturing costs
We have supplied software, training and services to around 40 organisations involved in medical device development and suppleir to healthcare, including:
» Brochure: ANSYS within Biomedical Industry
» Overview Video: ANSYS SpaceClaim for Bid Modelling
» Overview Video: ANSYS SpaceClaim for Transitioning from 2D CAD to 3D Modelling
» Webinar Video: Introduction to Reliability Principles
» Webinar Video: Prevent Failure within your Products and Processes using FMEAs