ReliaSoft D560 – Design for Reliability (DFR) Program Planning and Implementation
Whitworth House, 28 Charles Street
- 8th March 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
D560 provides a Design for Reliability (DFR) planning framework that can be customized to meet your organization’s specific needs. It teaches how to apply each step in the DFR process through hands-on application of tools related to the product development. Students are also exposed to how DFR is applied by the different organization functional team members throughout the product development process.
D560 presents concepts and software that you could use to help your organization:
- Gain an understanding of the methods, terms and metrics used in reliability, when to apply particular tools during the product development life cycle and the associated benefits and drawbacks of each.
- Implement a holistic DFR process in product/system design environments and leverage the benefits of this process, namely the Faster, Better, Cheaper values that drive the Reliability 3.0 process.
- Build an effective reliability culture within the organization and help to determine what needs to be added or improved in your DFR initiatives.
- Evaluate your strengths in each methodology, which will serve as a guide for any additional skills you may need to acquire or augment.
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 161 474 6886
- Email us at email@example.com
Please note – all delegates are required to bring their own laptops. License details for any software needed will be sent prior to the course start date.
- The “Hows” of a world-class DFR process
Concept Phase Activities
- Creating a good DFR plan outlining the sequential activities,
and their dependencies
- Understanding and quantifying environmental and usage conditions and setting reliability requirements and goals
Design Phase Activities
- Risk discovery analysis, change point analysis and design FMEA (DFMEA)
- Design risk and safety analysis
- Fault tree analysis (FTA), event trees, risk-based simulations, DOE methods
- Critical to risk and safety cause mitigation
- Design reliability analysis
- Failure mode reliability analysis (FMRA), reliability block diagrams (RBDs), importance metrics, sensitivity analysis, baseline reliability and reliability allocation
- Critical to reliability cause mitigation
- Design maintainability and supportability analysis
- Critical to maintainability and supportability cause mitigation
Development and Testing Phase Activities
- FRACAS implementation and usage
- Component testing, accelerated testing, reliability growth
- Subsystem, system and field testing
Manufacturing Phase Activities
- Process FMEA (PFMEA)
- Volume manufacturing and/or supplier control plan
- Field issues, warranty data analysis and forecasting
- Reliability based diagnostics and repair guides
Closing the Loop
- Communicating, updating and maintaining knowledge items