Functional Safety: IEC 61508 / 61511 – Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) for the Process Industry Sector (London)
18 Lodge Road
St Johns Wood
- 7th June 2017 - 8th June 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 6th December 2017 - 7th December 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Asset owners and their staff need to consider safety instrument systems and safety instrument functions as a part of the process safety. The risks to health, safety and the environmental are required to be reduced to an acceptable level, So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable (SFAIRP) or As Low As Reasonable Practicable (ALARP). It is also rec-ommended that any commercial risk to companies should be reduced to acceptable levels for the relevant business.
This 2 day course, which includes IEC 61511 Edition 2 (2016) latest information, will provide delegates with fundamental awareness and knowledge of the principle requirements of IEC 61508 and 61511.
Who Should Attend?
Personnel involved in the assessments, engineering, management, operating or maintaining of functional safety systems. Such as; Managers, Supervisors, Design engineers, Instrumentation Engineers, Process Engineers, Safety Engineers, Operating and Maintenance personnel.
Personnel who have little knowledge of functional safety and who are considering attending a 4 day certified course. This course provides a good awareness of the subject and will enable the delegates to progress in the functional safety field.
- First delegate – £895
- Each additional delegate – £820
Registration / Further Information
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 161 474 6886
- Email us at email@example.com
Venue Phone: +44-20-772-27-722
Venue Website: www.danubiushotels.comAddress:
Danubius Hotel Regents Park is a central London hotel with a difference. Close to three iconic London landmarks; Regents Park, Lord's Cricket Ground and the renowned Wellington Hospital, this four-star hotel offers a real home from home to leisure and business travellers alike. Conveniently located close to St John's Wood (0.7 miles) and Baker Street (15 min walk) tube Stations, with easy access to all West End attractions, the hotel is also located near the key railway stations such as Marylebone, Paddington, King's Cross St Pancras as well as direct links to Heathrow Airport. There is also a bus stop at our door step and a short bus ride will take you to Oxford Street within minutes.Whether you are looking for a once-in-a-lifetime visit to London or have flown into the Capital on business, our aim is to ensure your stay is a memorable one. Danubius Hotel Regents Park 18 Lodge Road St Johns Wood London NW8 7JT +44 (0) 20 772 27 722 www.danubiushotels.com
The objective of the course is to provide:
- Understanding of the principles and concepts of IEC 61508 and IEC 61511.
- Understanding of the Safety Management (e.g. responsibilities, competences, lifecycle activities).
- Hazard identification, the risk targets, SIL determination methods such as risk graphs, risk matrices, layers of protection analysis (LOPA).
- Understanding of the Safety Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Understanding the requirements and role of the Functional Safety Assessment.
- Understanding of the requirements for verification and validation.
- Understanding of designs to meet the requirements for process related hazards. (e.g. Probability of Failure on Demand calculations , safe failure fractions, hardware fault tolerance , common cause or common mode failures, Beta factor correction, proof test interval determination.
- Understanding of the failure rate data, and confidence levels.
- Understanding of Modifications and Decommissioning.
- Understanding of documentation required.
There is normally no formal assessment.
However, there is a highly recommended optional test at end of each day, which on successfully passing a certificate of achievement for the course will be issued.