Functional Safety: IEC 61508 / 61511 – Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) for the Process Industry Sector (London)
18 Lodge Road
St Johns Wood
- 6th December 2017 - 7th December 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Asset owners and their staff need to consider safety instrumented systems and safety instrumented functions as vital components within process safety.
The risks to health, safety and the environmental are required to be reduced to an acceptable level, So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable (SFAIRP) or As Low As Reasonable Practicable (ALARP). It is also recommended that any commercial risk to companies should be reduced to acceptable levels for the relevant business.
This two day course, which includes IEC 61511 Edition 2 (2016) latest information, will provide you with fundamental awareness and knowledge of the principal requirements of IEC 61508 and 61511.
Who Should Attend?
Personnel involved in the assessments, engineering, management, operating or maintaining of functional safety systems.
This includes managers, supervisors, design engineers, instrumentation engineers, process engineers, safety engineers, operating and maintenance personnel and anybody seeking to progress within the field of functional safety.
The course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm.
First booking: £895
Additional bookings: £820
Includes lunch and refreshments.
Registration / Further Information
Please contact us to discuss if this course is suitable for your requirements and to book your place(s). Simply:
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 161 474 6886
- Email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue Phone: +44-20-772-27-722
Venue Website: www.danubiushotels.comAddress:
Danubius Hotel Regents Park is a central London hotel with a difference. Close to three iconic London landmarks; Regents Park, Lord's Cricket Ground and the renowned Wellington Hospital, this four-star hotel offers a real home from home to leisure and business travellers alike. Conveniently located close to St John's Wood (0.7 miles) and Baker Street (15 min walk) tube Stations, with easy access to all West End attractions, the hotel is also located near the key railway stations such as Marylebone, Paddington, King's Cross St Pancras as well as direct links to Heathrow Airport. There is also a bus stop at our door step and a short bus ride will take you to Oxford Street within minutes.Whether you are looking for a once-in-a-lifetime visit to London or have flown into the Capital on business, our aim is to ensure your stay is a memorable one. Danubius Hotel Regents Park 18 Lodge Road St Johns Wood London NW8 7JT +44 (0) 20 772 27 722 www.danubiushotels.com
- Principles and Concepts of IEC 61508 and IEC 61511
- Safety Management, including Responsibilities, Competences, Lifecycle Activities
- Hazard Identification, Risk Targets & SIL Determination Methods including:
- Risk Graphs
- Risk Matrices
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Safety Requirements Specification (SRS)
- Requirements and Role of the Functional Safety Assessment
- Requirements for Verification and Validation
- Designs to Meet Requirements for Process Related Hazards, including:
- Probability of Failure on Demand Calculations
- Safe Failure Fractions
- Hardware Fault Tolerance
- Common Cause or Common Mode failures
- Beta Factor Correction
- Proof Test Interval Determination
- Failure Rate Data & Confidence Levels
- Modifications and Decommissioning
- Documentation Requirements
There is normally no formal assessment. However, there is a highly recommended optional test at end of each day, which on successfully passing a certificate of achievement for the course will be issued.