Alarm Systems Management with EEMUA 191 (Stockport)
Whitworth House, 28 Charles Street
- 8th May 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 22nd November 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Alarm Systems Management is a concise one-day training course is aimed at helping prevent accidents similar to the explosion and fires at the Milford Haven refinery in the UK in 1994. This serious incident injured twenty six people, caused damage of the order of €50 million and resulted in the loss of a large amount of production.
The tuition sessions provide simple and practical guidance on how to recognise and deal with typical human-factor problems involving alarm systems. Its scope covers many sectors, including the energy, process, transport and utilities industries.
All participants will receive a copy of the book recommended by the HSE – “Alarm Systems, A Guide to Design, Management and Procurement, EEMUA Publication No. 191”, price £129.00 plus P&P.
Who Should Attend?
Managers, designers, supervisors and operators
The course commences at 9:00am and finishes at approximately 5:00pm.
First booking: £545
Additional bookings: £490
EEMUA Members: £490
Includes lunch, refreshments and a copy of “Alarm Systems, A Guide to Design, Management and Procurement, EEMUA Publication No. 191”.
Registration / Further Information
Please contact us to discuss if this course is suitable for your requirements and to book your place(s). Simply:
- Complete the form opposite
- Call us on +44 (0) 161 474 6886
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How the HSE Expects Alarm Systems to be Managed
- Alarm System Management Policy
- Safety Case
Core Principles of Alarm System Management
- Philosophy of Alarm System Management
Alarm System Design Overview
- Human Factors
- Structuring and Partitioning of Alarms
- Limits on claims for Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
- Where do Alarms Come From?
- Safety, Environmental or Economic Alarms
- Qualitative Risk Assessment
- Choice of Alarm Priorities
- Alarm Settings
Procurement of Alarm Systems
- Investment Appraisal
- Cost of Poor Alarms Performance
- Specifications to Ensure Usability
- Syndicate Exercises and Surveys
- Performance Metrics
- Audits and Reviews
Managing an Improvement Programme
- Dealing with Unwanted Alarms
- Logical Processing of Alarms
- Repeating and Fleeting Alarms
HAZOP and Alarms
- Alarms in Context
- Preparations and Boundaries
- Operator Interface
- Alarm Suppression Hazard Study
- Final Questions
All participants will receive a copy of the guide recommended by HSE – Alarm Systems, A Guide to Design, Management and Procurement, EEMUA Publication No. 191 – within the course price. (Usual retail price for the guide is £129.00 plus P&P.)